Remember me
Lost Password Register

Poll: Do you have a permit to carry a concealed weapon
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes we should all carry
50.00%
8 50.00%
no none of us carry
0%
0 0%
I don\'t carry, but don\'t object
50.00%
8 50.00%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

HOW MANY SCUBA DIVERS HAVE CONCEALED CARRY PERMITS
02-09-2010, 02:54 PM,
Re: HOW MANY SCUBA DIVERS HAVE CONCEALED CARRY PERMITS

It is illegal for a concealed weapon to be visible...
[/quote]

In ND or MN?  I don't know the rules in ND.  Its perfectly legal to carry open or concealed with a permit in MN.
02-09-2010, 03:57 PM,
I guess I was wrong... I misread the following from North Dakota laws that was actually a description of concealed:  "There is no requirement that there be absolute invisibility of the firearm or dangerous weapon, merely that it not be ordinarily discernible."

I focused too much on the "that it not be ordinarily discernible" and not the preceding sentences.

My Bad.... dang I hate being wrong.... :Smile
Cold and dark down there huh?
02-09-2010, 04:55 PM,
So it's just best to get a permit? If I don't need a permit in the woods, I'm ok.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
02-09-2010, 05:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-09-2010, 05:39 PM by LKunze.)
If you are on public hunting land or personal property (rural area, fields etc.)where firearms are allowed for hunting or target shooting you can open carry a handgun without a permit just as you can carry a hunting rifle or shotgun but you can't for instance open carry or carry a handgun concealed like on state park land, in town, in your car and loaded, etc. without a permit to carry. You can also open carry with a permit to carry but why anyone would want to do that is beyond me.  Here is a link with more MN info. 
02-09-2010, 06:27 PM,
Quote:You can also open carry with a permit to carry but why anyone would want to do that is beyond me.

Armored car guards carry open.  That makes sense to me.
It’s good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.<br />~Mark Twain
02-09-2010, 07:25 PM,
Well yeah, but that goes with the job.  I was referring to open carry in a non law enforcement/security setting.
02-09-2010, 10:50 PM,
Wtdrm sent me a note and asked if I could answer questions as a CC Instructor.
In reading through the posts- It looks Like Mattd is spot on and you have links to all the correct websites.  It was interesting that the question of "registering" your handgun came up.  Someone asked me that same question today. MN does not require you to register your handgun. However, It makes sense to make sure the weapon your carrying is not stolen.  Most Law Agencies are glad to do a SN check free of charge if you find a good deal.  If you find yourself in the very unfortunate situation of having to discharge your firearm, I don't think you want to give the Lawyers and prosecutors anymore fodder.  Plus the Media would have a hayday.  I swap my carry firearm between two handguns of which only one is registered.  On the subject of carrying open,  The law is a "carry law" as someone mentioned.  Which also allows the permit holder to carry concealed.  If it's part of your job, armored, security, etc.  You don't want any clothing to hinder your access to your weapon.  If your a public citizen,  You don't want to draw undo attention to yourself, possibly making you a target.  So for me, carrying in the open is kinda like throwing the deer on the hood of the truck.  Legal but stupid.  Just my .02
Good to be back on the site.
04-12-2010, 08:03 PM,
Maybe
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201