Remember me
Lost Password Register

Bigger Better Discover Rebreather
02-09-2010, 09:44 PM,
Bigger Better Discover Rebreather
            Discover Rebreather Seminar
                            February 27, 2010

For the third year in a row the GLSPS will be sponsoring a Discover Rebreather Seminar as a part of the DIVE INTO THE PAST show in St. Paul Minnesota.
The seminar will be held in the AmericInn Hotel pool from noon to 2:00 pm, with required classroom at 11:30 am.
The workshop fee covers rebreather use, gases, scrubber material and handouts. The workshop requires a basic scuba certification and participants should bring a swimsuit, mask, fins and weight belt. The workshop will provide a basic introduction to closed circuit rebreather technology, discuss rebreather theory, present differences between closed and open circuit diving and explain the features of popular rebreather units on the market today. The workshop will include hands-on participation with bubble-free diving in the hotel pool (onsite, indoor, heated).

Participants will be allowed to sample from 13 different models of rebreathers: Frog, KISS Classic, KISS Sport, COPIS Megalodon, APECS Megalodon, Inspiration, Evolution, rEvo, Sentinel, Ouroborus, Optima, Poseidon Discovery and the brand new Apocalypse. This is the perfect chance for the rebreather-curious to try out this next frontier of diving technology. It is a great opportunity for those with a basic knowledge of rebreathers to compare and contrast design and performance components. Additionally, this is the perfect chance to meet and ask questions of many of this area's local rebreather instructors.

This is the largest assortment of rebreather types that I have ever seen in one place at one time.
If you have ever wondered about bubble-free diving, this is the best opportunity that I have seen.

The cost for the seminar is $75 and attendees’ must register in advance.
To register, or with questions contact Bob Olson at bolson@glsps.org or call 651-303-4114

For show information check
02-09-2010, 11:31 PM,
Re: Bigger Better Discover Rebreather
I didnt know that the Apocalypse was available as a mixed gas rebreather yet.  Last I heard the BOV was still under revision, OSEL is still adding another ADV, and I havent heard of anyone using the electronics yet.  Is the demo unit going to be one of the O2 units that were released around DEMA or is it newer?

I also havent heard of anyone actually using a Frog CCR.  Its been out for a while, but all reports on it say that its still more of a prototype than production unit. 
"in order to have a good idea, you must first have lots of ideas"  -Linus Pauling
02-10-2010, 08:22 AM,
Gregg Stanton has agreed to be at the show with his fully functional Apocalypse for inspection and demo.
Wayne Quarberg will be there to demo the Frog.
Bob
02-11-2010, 08:56 PM,
Bump
02-18-2010, 11:48 PM,
Thanks for the heads up Bob. I will definitely be at the seminar, not to dive ant of the units but to see all of the different models that will be there.