Remember me
Lost Password Register

legend and lore of the Red River of the North
02-20-2010, 10:13 PM,
legend and lore of the Red River of the North
this is going to be almost like folklore for some of the low vis fans. but i just heard a story from a guy that lives on the northdakota/MN boarder. he was talking about a diver that would dive the red river of the north With ZERO Vis. and feel his way around to finding all sorts of bottels and really old stuff. and tons of it apparently.something like an 18th cent wagon. I know there are fanaticals. and it would not surprise me if this person is on this website. so does anyone claim fame to this?I am allitle amazed and jealous. by the way if your not familiar, the red river of the north has basically Zero Vis
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
02-20-2010, 10:17 PM,
Re: legend and lore of the Red River of the North
I think it can be plowed in some stretches.  ;D
02-21-2010, 07:44 PM,
plowing helps vis under the ice? i think this guy was talking about open water diving in absolute mud like water.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
02-21-2010, 09:33 PM,

My comment stems from an old joke about the Missouri River here in Nebraska.  "Too thick to drink, too thin to plow."  Every time I've been by the Red, I think the same thing.