Remember me
Lost Password Register

new apeks regs
03-28-2002, 03:33 PM,
Re: new apeks regs
Jason,<br><br>Who are you diving with in Coz and where are you staying? We have only been back a week and I am jealous of you. <br><br>Did any of you read the story in Skin Diver Magazine about John Benett diving to over 1000 feet on scuba using TX100 Apeks regs? Pretty amazing!<br><br>Derrick
03-29-2002, 09:05 AM,
Derrick,<br><br>I'm staying in Playa Del Carmen and diving with Scuba Shack on Coz for two-three days.  Then I am diving the cenotes with SeaLife.<br><br>
--Jason
04-25-2002, 05:40 AM,
Quote:<br><br>I just tried out my new Apeks ATX200 in Cozumel. It was pretty nice. I think you'll love the ATX50.<br><br>
<br><br>Derrick:<br>How about a little more info on your reg. I have a tx-100 and love it but am looking to eqip some doubles and you are the first live person (other than a salesman) that has used the atx-200. Any comments you could give I would appreciate. <br>
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tom
04-25-2002, 07:14 AM,
Tom,<br><br>I am not sure how the ATX200 rates with the TX100, but I would think they are very similiar performance wise. The ATX200 is smaller. I don't know what the cost difference is either. I paid $375 for a ATX200 & ATX40 from TJ on the message board. I didn't ask how much the TX100 was. If I were you, I would just buy another TX100 with a DIN connector and convert you old to a DIN connector. The WKPP people say the TX100 is the best for doubles. You may want to consider getting a TX50/DS4 - ($225 cheaper yet).<br><br>In Cozumel I was able try my Apeks ATX200, Scubapro MK20/G500 & Scubapro MK25/S600. The ATX200 and MK20/G500 breathed very similiar, but the MK25/S600 was noticeably easier to breathe than the other two.<br><br>I am also looking into doubles for next year. I am taking the GUE DIR fundemental class May 3 - 5. I am hoping to learn quite a bit more about gear configuration for doubles from the class. <br><br>Derrick
04-25-2002, 09:43 AM,
Quote:<br><br>I paid $375 for a ATX200 & ATX40 <br><br>Derrick
<br>How can you live with yourself only paying that much. :o<br>Seriously, that is one heck of a deal, and at least while the decision maybe hard, the price is sure better. I thought I would keep my 100 as it is (yoke), for traveling. Seems like many places don't have DIN tanks. I was thinking of going TX100s, DIN of course, with a TX40 for octo. However, I plan on going dry soon, and I'm not sure if I want to use the 1/2" hose for my octo. The other choice of course is the DS4 with 50 &40, but the new line really complicates the decision. If the new ATX can be routed as easily, that might be the way to go.  And I have heard the new second stages are lighter than the older. Tried and true vs new and improved. Undecided I'm getting a headache. <br><br>Anyway, keep me posted, cause I'm sure you will learn alot in DIRF. Routing of hoses is a form of religion to those guys, and love it or hate it, DIR has alot to offer. If anyone would know the way to go, I'm sure GUE would. Good luck with your class.
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tom
05-29-2002, 07:35 PM,
Wow!  Someone please tell me where I can get a TX200 for only $350 Smile  Seriously, if anyone has any pointers or LDS deals on TX200 or TX100, let me (us) know.<br><br><br>I really like the proven record of these regs and the HP port location.  I use an aladdin computer with transmitter and many of my regs have the HP and LP ports too close to each other for the aladdin transmitter to fit without an extension.<br><br>Dan
05-31-2002, 09:13 AM,
Quote:Wow!  Someone please tell me where I can get a TX200 for only $350 Smile  Seriously, if anyone has any pointers or LDS deals on TX200 or TX100, let me (us) know.
<br><br>TJ who was selling the equipment as a legal dealer from the Marshall Islands is relocating to another island. Once he is settled, he may start selling again. This may take another month or two. I will let you know.<br><br>I bought the ATX200 & ATX40 combo. If I were to do it again, I would get the ATX50 instead. When I got the regs, the ATX40 was free flowing on the surface. I had to have someone show me how to adjust it on site which required opening it up and using tools. With the ATX50, you have the adjustment externally which is nice. I just pick up it last night from having it serviced at a local dive shop. I got to breathe both the ATX200 and TX100 last week will practing OOA skills and it was very appearent that the TX100 breathed better. I will get to see if it works better this weekend at Wazee.<br><br>Derrick <br>
06-05-2002, 06:59 PM,
How did the comparison with the TX100-ATX200 go?

Tom
06-06-2002, 05:59 AM,
I didn't get to do the comparison. The Joelw, (has the TX100) couldn't make it. The ATX200 breathes good after the tune-up. I can't tell if it breathes better or the same. I will get to compare them again within the next couple of weeks.<br><br>Derrick
06-06-2002, 09:24 AM,
I recently bought an ATX-40 second stage reg to replace my Zeagle Octo + and hooked it up to test it out.  It breathes noticebly better than my TX-50 primary.  I am wondering if it needs to be tuned down.  I was a little concerned that it might freeflow but I submerged it in a bucket of water and it didn't seem to show a hint of freeflowing.  Should I be concerned?   ???