Remember me
Lost Password Register

Barbados + dive sites for novice divers?
03-09-2010, 11:41 AM,
Barbados + dive sites for novice divers?
Hi Friends Wink

A friend contacted me about diving in Barbados, a place I've never been.  She's finding a lot of info about wreck diving, but as she and her husband are pretty new to diving, they'd like to stick with reefs. 

Wondering if anyone out there has any recommendations for good dive shops, or good informational sites in Barbados? 

Thanks Wink Ang.
a break shows in the clouds, and all is changed.<br />-e.b. white
03-09-2010, 03:18 PM,
Re: Barbados + dive sites for novice divers?
We went with Roger’s Scuba Shack   a couple of years ago.  It was three brothers and they ran a very competent shop, all taking turns with the duties.  We dived the Stavronikita, a 365ft Greek freighter lying in 120ft of water with the stern at 100ft and the bow at 70ft. It was a nice dive and had a lot of fish on it, maybe not novice, but not advanced either.  We also dived one of the reefs, which was a nice 50ft deep  leisurely dive, with minimal current.  They will work with you to make sure you get to do what is in your comfort zone. I would definitely like to go back and do more, and I would use Roger's again also.  Enjoy it, just make sure you stay on the left if you drive Wink
Dave