Remember me
Lost Password Register

GLSPS
03-12-2010, 03:28 PM,
GLSPS
Thank you Jason
We would be like to use this forum to inform divers of what we do, how they can get involved and to share success stories.
Bob and Steve
03-12-2010, 03:49 PM,
Re: GLSPS
I look forward to seeing the posts.
Hopefully this summer I will be able to get involved with you guys.
Joe<br /><br />&quot;It is better to be doing than to wish you were doing&quot;-Me
03-12-2010, 04:34 PM,

If your already a member you should come out for the Meteor project and meet some people. If your not a member, you should join regardless.

More info at

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
03-12-2010, 04:48 PM,
What is the Meteor project?
03-12-2010, 04:54 PM,
Congrats Steve and Bob on your new "Moderator" titles and the new GLSPS forum!

I also agree with Matt.  What is the Meteor project? 
03-12-2010, 05:12 PM,

"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
03-12-2010, 05:22 PM,

[/quote]

Thanks for the link Joe, I appreciate it.  What an awesome project!  The before and after pics are impressive!
03-12-2010, 06:47 PM,

03-12-2010, 07:34 PM,
So what is the project this time?
03-13-2010, 08:28 AM,
We do it every year. I'll try and compose last years pictures as well.

The project leader (Phil) will work with the Meteor staff to decide what's the main task. We can use about 50 helpers in general. More than that and we have logistic problems. If your interested please use the GLSPS site info and send something to the project chairman's. Many of the projects have limited space but were trying to get more people on them.

Last year we cleaned and painted much of the engine room but we do lots of things like document the artifacts and catalog them for the historical society. We clean out old storage rooms and restore other areas. Painting is a favorite task, it needs lots of paint. The work requires many skill sets so we can use everyone's abilities. The only requirement is membership to GLSPS.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.