Remember me
Lost Password Register

Prior Lake Clean-up Scheduled. Minnetonka?
05-07-2010, 06:20 PM,
Re: Prior Lake Clean-up Scheduled. Minnetonka?

Earlier in the season AND later in the day Robert...a 7:15 a.m. start time is pretty %$%$% early!!!!
05-07-2010, 08:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-07-2010, 08:26 PM by scubafreek864.)

It has not never been that crowded at the events that I made it to.

I will be coming to the docks in my boat, then heading up to sign in at the check in table, have some breakfast, then go out and dive for some urbane treasures.  ;D
05-07-2010, 08:24 PM,

If you are going to the event with more than just you, just make up a name for your group.  This is a way that they can give an award out to the "group" that brings up the most trash.  At least that is what they did last year.  Now, the year before that was an exception to that.  They gave away that award to the group with the "most unusual" find.  We will have to wait and see what the award will be given out for when we get there.
05-07-2010, 08:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-07-2010, 08:45 PM by scubafreek864.)
What's the matter Mermaid?  Is that too early for you?  Ha Ha Ha  ;D
05-07-2010, 10:15 PM,

Well...yeah!!  Oh that's right Robert, I forgot, you've got small kids.  You probably don't
remember what sleep is anymore  ;D ;D ;D
05-07-2010, 10:18 PM,

Well...yeah!!  Oh that's right Robert, I forgot, you've got small kids.  You probably don't
remember what sleep is anymore  ;D ;D ;D

[/quote]

That's right!  Sleep is over rated.  We will get plenty of that when we die!
05-08-2010, 06:37 AM,
I have been watching this and have some interest but which one are we talking about? Prior or Minne? How bad or good is parking for these events?
I'm a Mog, Half man half dog - I'm my own best friend.<br />Alcohol doesn't make you fat... it makes you Lean... on tables, chairs &amp; random people.
05-08-2010, 08:41 AM,

A lack of sleep has made you believe things that aren't true Robert...my "expert" advice is for
you to get a good 12 hours of sleep...I predict that will bring you back to your senses !  ;D
05-08-2010, 09:14 AM,

Fully agree with this and was told that earlier events will not draw crowds as much as those set later in the first halve of the year. The organizers want to see the "occational" diver..
Which makes sense when organizing an event.

Andreas
Andreas
05-08-2010, 10:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-08-2010, 10:04 AM by Dirk Diggler.)
The organizers of the clean up events are also using volunteer boat captains to bring divers to various areas of the lakes.  Extending it past May allows for more boats and docks to be available.

Those who want the clean up events to be earlier could always put the effort forth and organize something, no one says you cannot, so go for it.  The more cleaning up of the lakes the better.