Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Minnetonka clean up info
03-29-2010, 04:18 PM,
Lake Minnetonka clean up info

Here is the email I received today from the organizer of the clean up dive.....

Hi Jeff,

Last year I tried to get a username to post on the forum, but I never got an email back from the admins.  If you could make a post for me with the Lake Clean Up date, time, and location, I would greatly appreciate it.  You and others can register for the event by using the link below.  Please post this link too.

LMA Lake Clean Up
date: June 12th, 2010
time: Divers arrive at 7:30am

REGISTER ONLINE HERE:

Thanks for your email!

Justin
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
05-14-2010, 01:00 PM,
Re: Lake Minnetonka clean up info
Registered!!!! Anyone else?
05-16-2010, 03:44 AM,
how do you typically transport all the trash, from the field to shore? glass in particular. as the lake is full of broken bottles that are somewhat hazardous to collect inside of a confined boat.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
05-16-2010, 08:00 PM,
Onion bags and I've never had one tear open.
05-16-2010, 09:20 PM,
I will be putting a large tote in the back of the boat that all the trash, I mean urbane treasures, are going in for transport back to the docks.  The tote is just one of those cheap ones you can purchase at Walmart.
05-19-2010, 03:36 PM,
so let me understand this. the LMCA will dispose of the garbage once it is raised. divers wont be responsible for disposal.
also what do you do if something interesting is found. say an anchor/fishing lure/ odd bottel etc. is that then property of the LMCA or is the finder free to take with at the end of the event.

also on the website they say hundreds of divers will be at this event. how many typically show up?
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
05-19-2010, 06:35 PM,
You find it,you keep it.They get rid of all the trash collected.
06-02-2010, 05:00 PM,
Almost here - who else is diving - AND

What who is your team?????
06-02-2010, 08:38 PM,
I will be there.  I just got done registering.  I will be bringing my boat.
06-07-2010, 06:53 PM,
is any dive shops offering free or discounted tank fills for this event?