Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Minnetonka clean up info
06-12-2010, 10:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-12-2010, 10:17 PM by scubadog76.)
Re: Lake Minnetonka clean up info
I was curious about the origins of that round so I looked up 37mm and 1944.  It was used to take out tanks until the Germans started to make them a little to thick.  Some have the range at 4.8 miles and others up to 5.2.  Maybe the Minnehaha was not really scuttled....possibly an offensive from someone on Prior Lake....
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
06-13-2010, 05:25 AM,

good idea, I am kind of fond of my TV and entertainment center.
06-13-2010, 10:17 AM,

It was a good time for a rainy day. The Impulse was close to full with 4 divers and seven people. Dont recall whether it was Angie saying she wanted to be taken deep, or all the bs involved in the clean-up this year but we decided to go dive the Hopkins, and blow off the clean-up for the first dive. Robert thru his marker bouy to mark the wreck and I drove the Impulse upwind to anchor, but his marker line got hungup or was too short to see at the surface, I swam out to look for it but the wind dropped and we werent sure where it was. Ended up putting one of my GPS units into a ziploc bag and swimming it out over to find the wreck, then Joe stayed above the marker while I swam the GPS back. Angie and I dropped down right onto the johns at the back of the Hopkins, she did good for being in a wetsuit, her first wreck, first boat dive, and running with me, taking her deep.  Vis wasnt bad about 6 feet and water at the wreck between 47-52F  degrees, sorry Angie cant go with 41 F like your computer said ( I'm sure it felt like that though in a wetsuit :-[) We then motored  NE over towards Spirit Island outside Wayzata Bay and dove Horseshoe reef. Joe and Robert and I went mucking, I found a couple plastic coated river anchors and the sleeve cover to a sailboats sails. Joe and Robert came back with Rx bottle but other then that, came up with smoke. We then put the tops up on the Impulse because it had started to rain and the wind was picking up, and decided the beers that Angie and I had brought with werent EVER going to drink themselves, so we better throw a few back. We them motored over to Bayside and met up with Michelle and Pat who seemed to have as much luck in the clean-up as Joe and Robert did, and then scored some lunch there. We were too late to see whatever the LMA had set up, but the best score of the day happened as we were getting back on board the Impulse when Angies guy Kevin keys slipped from his shirt pocket into the depths next to the dock. Joe still had his drysuit on so he was elected in the rain to drop down and take a look amongst the muck and weeds, I didn't give it much hope, but he pulled it off. Looks like his electronic ignition key has a little o-ring seal so it survived too. All in all,,,,chitty weather, a nice time, decent dives and decent friends.      THANKS EVERYONE!       TRINITY
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)
06-13-2010, 12:48 PM,
Good seeing you again Trinity! Michelle and I were glad to know that we were not the only ones who struck out finding stuff and getting back late. I look forward to getting out with you sometime... Pat
I'm a Mog, Half man half dog - I'm my own best friend.<br />Alcohol doesn't make you fat... it makes you Lean... on tables, chairs &amp; random people.
06-19-2010, 07:11 AM,
for some reason with the wind blowing I started the day freezing(also had to make it to a wedding) so we left early. i didn't get to see the final tally of all the findings. what were the most interesting things found, also in total how many anchors came up?

final question, did someone have one of those drag boats with a dozen hook lines used for search and recovery?

By the way, it was impressive to see all those big tonka boats cruising out of the resteraunt together. kinda struck me as funny to have a 30ft cruiser donor boat that can only take 2-3 divers! but after i saw how they really had no room for gear, it made sense. all in all very interesting and enjoyable event.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;