Remember me
Lost Password Register

Drysuits
05-17-2010, 07:57 PM,
Drysuits
I did my first dry suit dives this weekend.  First off, when people say it is the only way to go in MN, they are not kidding.  Second, why did I wait so long? 
05-18-2010, 11:05 PM,
Re: Drysuits
Get the drysuit and stay warm.  ;D Many time sint he wetsuit you hit that 40-38 degree water and can not wait to get out. The other nice thing about the drysuit is it extends your diving season up here. We were up in Crosby mid late October and it was 28 outside with drysuit it was a pleasure on multiple dives. Oh if you can get dry gloves too you will love them. My wife got them for me and I thank her everytime I dive. Enjoy and happy diving.
05-19-2010, 07:06 AM,
I don't think I've met anyone yet who lives here that regretted taking a drysuit class  Smile  If you dive Lake Superior you will be very happy with that choice.
The only thing I take seriously when it comes to diving is safety.
05-19-2010, 11:08 AM,
I think it should be a requirement to dive the first couple years in MN wet.  It's part of the initiation process.  >Big Grin
--Jason
05-19-2010, 11:09 AM,

I did a year wet, and I did my rescue checkouts last weekend wet- but you don't know what cold is till you've done a dunk in Lake Superior- It was colder than ice diving.
05-19-2010, 11:47 AM,
I did a year wet, and I did my rescue checkouts last weekend wet- but you don't know what cold is till you've done a dunk in Lake Superior- It was colder than ice diving.
[/quote]

You've A LOT heartier than I am Kristi.  From what I've heard, I would have turned into a ice cube. 
05-19-2010, 02:22 PM,
Try a DPV (scooter) next. They are awesome, squared!
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
05-19-2010, 03:12 PM,
I probably had a chance last weekend, but with class going on didn't get to---- next time there's an opportunity I'm going.