Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Calhoun contamination Identified
04-08-2010, 07:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-08-2010, 07:13 PM by scubadog76.)
Lake Calhoun contamination Identified
This may explain why I have been going through so many neck seals :-\  Seriously, there is a huge freakin pipe 25' underwater on the west side of the lake by the apartments.  Like its a suprise?

&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
04-08-2010, 07:50 PM,
Re: Lake Calhoun contamination Identified
The city lakes are interconnected with pipes so that they drain to the river. I think that Calhoun, Harriet and Nakoma's are tied together some how.
It would be interesting to see how they do it.
04-08-2010, 08:06 PM,
Let me double check my map, but I think Calhoun, Harriet, Brownie, and Nokomis are connected by Minnehaha Creek....
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
04-09-2010, 07:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-09-2010, 07:43 AM by arcFlash.)
Anyone else wonder how they can say it posses no threat to health but they are investigating and preventing more runoff? There is no need to control 'harmless' runoff.

I ran this by a hydrologist friend and he said the real problem with PFOx is we don't have enough long term data to know if it's safe or not and the EPA says it is until they know more. But they are in the family of PFC and that's not good.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
04-09-2010, 11:49 AM,
I thought this thread was going to be about how they spotted Trinity in the lake.

>Big Grin
04-09-2010, 01:12 PM,
LMAO ;D
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
04-09-2010, 05:48 PM,
Thats the best ;D ;D ;D
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
04-09-2010, 06:14 PM,

A comedy joke,,, :-\ bet that patent attorney joke book, is pretty thin. You guys make me laugh. No identifying me in Calhoun either, that cop never even asked for ID when Joe and Dave and I were icing right out of the boat launch, PARKED on the boat ramp too. Joe and I came up and she was talking to Dave tending, she wanted Daves number I think, but she was WAY to young for him, and she was smart enough to want nothing to do with me.      TRINITY
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)
05-19-2010, 03:31 PM,
Interesting!sounds similar to the 3M story with scotchgard

Brownie, cedar, isles, Calhoun are connected via a channel that you can canoe thru. originally Calhoun was connected to Harriet via a shallow marshy creek. then Harriet was connected to minnehaha creek via a shallow run off creek. plans are to restore both of these creek connections. a large sturgeon washed up dead on Harriet, and some discussion from the DNR suggests that a very small resident population of sturgeon exist and originally had swam up and down the minnehaha creek and lake minnetonka.there have been enough sturgeon caught in minnetonka to make biologists think there is a small population of them that reproduce just enough to maintain the presence.
calhoun continues to get more clear every year.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;