Remember me
Lost Password Register

divers lake clean up project
04-09-2010, 04:10 PM,
divers lake clean up project
With all the divers on this site, just think that if we each took a large leaf bag and collected all the bottles, cans and other junk on the bottom, what we could do for the lakes.
04-09-2010, 04:22 PM,
Re: divers lake clean up project
If you are willing to set up a lake/time/location to meet at, I am all for it.  Earlier in the season, the better.  Less weeds to contend with and also boat traffic.
04-09-2010, 06:00 PM,

I agree Grumpie, you call the spot and time, no cadavor finding though, I'm in.    Terry
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
04-09-2010, 07:06 PM,
I'm in too.  Just got my drysuit back so I'm ready to go.
04-09-2010, 07:21 PM,
Lets meet for coffee some evening and come up with a place to start.  I think that we weight the bags and keep a running total of stuff and see what we can do.  If we can get a bunch of divers pick up as we dive, we can make a big dent in the junk in the lakes and even some good adv. for a bunch of divers.
04-09-2010, 07:30 PM,
Hey Terry,

We could stock pile all of the junk from Minnetonka, mark it with the GPS, and go back during the clean up.  Make out like bandits with the winnings. Wink Wink Ha Ha.
04-09-2010, 08:29 PM,
Alright, if we want to have a planning session - grumpie, name the time and place.
04-09-2010, 08:56 PM,
how about the perkins on 25 ave so.  and riverside.  next i will try for a time and date.
04-10-2010, 07:55 AM,
I did the Prior Lake clean up dive last year and it was a good time.  One good idea I got from that is to use potato sacks instead of garbage bags.  They allow the water to pass through so you don't end up dragging a bag full of water.  A clean up dive on a city lake like Calhoun would probably get the most publicity although you might end up finding a cadaver Terry.  Wink
04-10-2010, 04:04 PM,
I would be down for an early clean up dive!