Remember me
Lost Password Register

Diving with a Titanic Legend.....
04-11-2010, 06:57 AM,
Diving with a Titanic Legend.....
Saturday morning a group of friends and local south Florida divers boarded RJ Diving Ventures for a double dip on the Ophelia Brian, a wreck in 110’ of water off Miami Beach. As we loaded we realized we were in for a treat. A very special diver was joining us with some of his local friends. It was none other than John Chatterton, one of the worlds most well known wreck divers. He hosted the Histroy Channel's Deep Sea Detectives, his passion lead him to the discovery and identification of the German sub U-869 in 1991, which was the subject of "Shadow Divers" and various other projects.

I'm sure most if not ALL of you have heard about John so I won't go on and on however I'll share that we had a nice talk about the wonderful wrecks you all have up in the Great Lakes and he talked about some of the dives he's done in your area. I told him how exciting Isle Royal and the North Shore were.  After meeting him a few times at DEMA's and dive shows, it was a real pleasure to dive with him and find out he's just a regular guy with a wicked sense of humor . . . like most of the diving community LOL!

An AWESOME day! I love this place, you NEVER know who you're going to run into!

On another note, some of the rebreather guys were diving dry for one extended dive (yes they use very thin undergarments) but since it's spring and our water temps are back in the 70's, it's time to go wet . . . ;D 
Happy Diving, Lisa
04-11-2010, 08:10 AM,
Re: Diving with a Titanic Legend.....
Very cool ;D
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
04-11-2010, 10:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-11-2010, 04:33 PM by mermaid.)
WOW!  VERY COOL...VERY, VERY COOL!

An AWESOME day is RIGHT, and what a GREAT BOOK!
04-11-2010, 06:44 PM,
That is way cool! :o
I'm a Mog, Half man half dog - I'm my own best friend.<br />Alcohol doesn't make you fat... it makes you Lean... on tables, chairs &amp; random people.