Remember me
Lost Password Register

Twin Cities dive Apr 16 or 17?
04-15-2010, 05:20 PM,
Twin Cities dive Apr 16 or 17?
Anybody interested in diving a Twin Cities Lake on Saturday or Sunday?  Saturday is probably best for me, but Sunday afternoon might work too.  I've only be diving about a year and a half, but I have a Full Cave certification.  I'm willing to dive with folks of any experience level.

Matt
04-15-2010, 06:17 PM,
Re: Twin Cities dive Apr 16 or 17?
i'd dive with you again, sat is best for me as well, i don't care what lake, but i'm guessing most lakes are about 5' vis around the metro right now
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
04-15-2010, 06:24 PM,
               Hey Matt!
                            My names Terry, we do a lot of diving up here and abroad, did 17 runs under the ice this winter, have done a lot of caving in No. Fla and in Mexico. Thats good experience for icing and wrecking. What else have you done in the last year and a half, how old are you, where do you live. Throw that info here or PM me with this stuff if you want and we'll add you to the list up here.      THANKS!       T

Matt, if Joe would run with you, so would I, pick a spot for the 16-17 and I'm in!
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
04-15-2010, 06:53 PM,
I've got some stuff I have to do this weekend, but I might be able to sneak out and burn off the rest of the tank from this last weekend.  I'll need a buddy since Kristi's regs are disassembled waiting on delivery of her new ones.  So, tell me when and where.
04-15-2010, 08:18 PM,
I've got Saturday plans already (Hey Mattd - steel shoot? I'm picking up another guy on the way, but we might be able to squeeze 3 in the truuck if I clean stuff out tomorrow...)

but Sunday early might work for something local - still need a checkout dive after reg service!
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
04-15-2010, 09:35 PM,
I haven't done much diving locally.  Any thoughts on where we might get the best vis? 

I'm 29 and live in Saint Paul, near the UM Saint Paul campus. I got my OW certification in Monterey, CA right before I moved to MN.  My interest in diving actually stems from a long-term involvement in expedition caving.  A cave we had been exploring for 3 years in southern Mexico went underwater, and I decided it was time to learn to dive.  Last year I did a sump dive in this cave, which is the only diving I have done in Mexico.  I got my cave cert in N. Florida.  I also do some rebreather diving.  Last year's caving expedition was run by Bill Stone, the guy who started Cis Lunar, and we were diving on the new Poseidon Discovery (which is a continuation of the Cis Lunar line).  Conserving gas is pretty important when you have to haul tanks 3 days one way through a cave to reach the dive site.

You can see a little info on the project here:

Matt
04-16-2010, 06:44 AM,
I would be interested in a dive as I need a checkout dive for my new setup. I got re-certified in January and have pieced together a new kit since then and am dieing to try it out.

I currently have 22 lbs in wights and am not sure if this will be enough, (I dive wet) - does any one have extra weights they could bring if they dive with me encase what I have is not enough?

Please let me know - either Saturday or Sunday could work for me.
I'm a Mog, Half man half dog - I'm my own best friend.<br />Alcohol doesn't make you fat... it makes you Lean... on tables, chairs &amp; random people.
04-16-2010, 07:28 AM,
Since Kristi can't dive this weekend, I can bring plenty of weight.  Tomorrow morning works for me.  I have something going on Sunday, but I won't know till tomorrow night what time.
04-16-2010, 07:38 AM,
Hi Matt! Great! Where and when would you like to go? PM me for my phone number and we can work out the details.

Thanks... Pat
I'm a Mog, Half man half dog - I'm my own best friend.<br />Alcohol doesn't make you fat... it makes you Lean... on tables, chairs &amp; random people.
04-16-2010, 07:52 AM,
How about Phalen at 9 am on Saturday?  Haven't dove there, but have been wanting to check it out since it's so close.  I'm still open to other suggestions, but thought I would get the discussion on location started.

Indigo, I have some extra lead shot weights you could use if you need them.

Matt