Remember me
Lost Password Register

Crosby dives
04-18-2010, 07:10 PM,
Re: Crosby dives

Temps in the 30's and 40's....YIKES!!!  At least it was only a leak in your glove...in a wetsuit, EVERYTHING
leaks :o  ;D
04-18-2010, 08:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-18-2010, 08:24 PM by scubafreek864.)
I've been down to 40 deg. in my wetsuit.  I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.  I guess you could say that my other dive buddies swayed be in the direction of the dry suit.  Look out when I get it back from getting sealed up.  Any time that is not in training or search and recovery will be time for recreational diving for some fun.  Plan on doing a whole lot of ice diving this coming winter.

Was busy down on the cannon river all day Saturday with no success in finding the young gal.  Nothing was found in the stretch of river that was covered, except for the usual garbage.

Left Glencoe at 5:45 am, and didn't get back till around 10:00pm.  Heck of a long day.

Didn't do much of anything today, except a little quiet time to recover.
04-18-2010, 08:40 PM,
Bummer Robert- it sounds like you had a tough weekend. Hopefully the week gets better.

I have been down in 40 degree or less (depending on whose dive watch you looked at that day) water in a wetsuit. My hands got numb faster than I thought and my air went fast as well. Needless to say I completed the dive concluding my Advanced Certification and it was motivation to take the drysuit class. I think you have a greater appreciation for the drysuit if you've been there at least once.

BTW I hated wetsuit gloves and hoods and would frequently dive in 50 degree-ish water with out them. I am so glad to of found dry gloves.
The only thing I take seriously when it comes to diving is safety.
04-18-2010, 09:15 PM,

I'm definitely looking forward to extending my dive season once I get my ds.  Already have the gloves, just need a suit to wear them with ;D.  You are one hearty man Robert, to withstand 40 deg. water in a wetsuit.  My lips froze at 50 deg.  (at least I THINK that was the water temp.)

P.S.  Too bad about the young gal, but hats off to you Robert for joining in the search.
04-18-2010, 09:23 PM,
You guys make to much of the cold. I did my ice class wet and it was cold but it wasn't that bad. If I remember every one in the class dove wet. I think out of the Brainard class this year only one out of five dove dry. But then again I know I've turned into a big wuss since I got my drysuit. >Big Grin                                                                                                                                                                     
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.