Remember me
Lost Password Register

DAN - Do I need it?
05-23-2002, 08:47 AM,
DAN - Do I need it?
How many of you have dive insurance, in particular DAN's?<br><br>Just wondering if it's common for local divers to have this coverage or not? I was thinking about the Master Plan because it includes some lost equipment insurance as well.<br><br>
05-23-2002, 08:59 AM,
Re: DAN - Do I need it?
I signed up for the master level this year. If you are going to dive a lot, over short periods of time, or go on dive trips it sounded like a good idea to me. They also have a lot of information for divers on their web site but you have to be a member for some of it.
Leon
05-23-2002, 09:18 AM,
I truly believe in DAN. I think it's the very best thing out there for the safety, research, and emergency response for us, the diver. <br><br>There are a few organizations trying to offer diver insurance programs, but they don't do any research for you. They are not constantly trying to find better, more safe proceedures. They are there as insurance underwriters who take your money toward insurance, but what else?<br><br>DAN provides a 24 hr emergency hotline, DAN doctors, hyperbaric maintenance and research, diver profile information, studies, emergency evac out of anywhere, they guarantee medical help even in 3rd world (cash only) countries, and so much more. DAN offers O2 training, defibulator training, and equipment.<br><br>And they are NON-FOR-PROFIT, not one of the other dive insurance agencies does that. That is a clear sign they are for divers first.<br><br>I've been a DAN member for a long time, I have the Master Level Insurance. And what's so great, it's cheap! Try getting all that coverage and service, especially anywhere in the world for less. <br><br>Why wouldn't you want to have something like DAN supporting you, and you supporting something like that?
07-22-2002, 05:01 AM,
Many medical and/or life insurance policies do not cover you while SCUBA diving.<br><br>It is often difficult to get medical insurance coverage outside the US even with a good medical provider within the US during an emergency situation.<br><br>Even if you have good insurance they often cover "customary" repayment rates i.e. 80%<br><br>I have "Master" DAN insurance to cover all the loop-wholes, no coverage areas, and life insurance coverage should something happen which is not covered by my medical or life insurance policy.<br><br>I recommend you get DAN if you havn't already.  --Starfish
07-22-2002, 05:01 AM,
Many medical and/or life insurance policies do not cover you while SCUBA diving.<br><br>It is often difficult to get medical insurance coverage outside the US even with a good medical provider within the US during an emergency situation.<br><br>Even if you have good insurance they often cover "customary" repayment rates i.e. 80%<br><br>I have "Master" DAN insurance to cover all the loop-wholes, no coverage areas, and life insurance coverage should something happen which is not covered by my medical or life insurance policy.<br><br>I recommend you get DAN if you havn't already.  --Starfish