Remember me
Lost Password Register

ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge...
05-25-2013, 03:11 PM,
Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge...
is it that you either have the video OR the Gps..
some disscussion as to if we were going to post the gps coordinates or not.

here is the video. mark me on.

st.albums bay minnetonka. first divers to dive this wreck. we did see a walleye on it!
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
05-25-2013, 03:15 PM,
ohh. and jason12 found the car in wayzatta bay.

&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
05-25-2013, 06:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-25-2013, 06:59 PM by DetectorGuy.)

let's post the GPS coordinates of the wrecks so other divers can enjoy them as well.
[/quote]

Nice boat for sure, and the car is cool also! The way we set it up was to post a photo OR a video AND post GPS coordinates of the wreck. You can still post links to the videos or photos without the coords if there is a salvage opportunity or if it is still under police investigation, but no points added to the board. So post the coords to both of those and get more points on the board. By the way there is no st.albums bay in minnetonka... but there is a St. Albans Bay  Wink.
05-25-2013, 07:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-26-2013, 08:18 AM by DetectorGuy.)

Another case in point as to why having coordinates are important: The folks at MHM found a car in Minnetonka on October 22nd 2012 that looks very similar to the one in your video and posted a photo of it on their facebook page on 10-25-2012. Now they did not post coordinates either, but then they had us looters to worry about  >Big Grin. Speaking of MHM... They did some diving recently (5-20-2013) on that St. Albans wreck that you claimed today. They said the viz wasn't conducive to taking good photos but they measured the wreck. I am sure they would be interested in looking at your video to see what it looks like in better viz! Sounds like on 5-23-2013 they also tried diving on another wreck in Echo Bay but had some coordinate coordination issues and couldn't find it  :o.
05-25-2013, 08:36 PM,
Here you guys go. Time stamp August 2012. There is also an old ice sled there too besides the boat and car shown in the video. 
05-25-2013, 08:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-26-2013, 08:13 AM by DetectorGuy.)
Hi Jason, I didn't mean to question the dates of who found it first, as much as documenting the location with coordinates for a couple of reasons: First reason, so any of us can dive it later. Second reason, to distinguish it from any similar wrecks in the same body of water or in the same bay of a body of water. Third reason, is to make it more challenging... by having a camera with and some way to mark a possible find, and get coords to it shows some level of being prepared for finding something good - positive waves Smile. Forth reason, by adding coordinates and a photo or video, the wreck gets added to the tally sheet. People reading the tally sheet get excited about exploring the local lakes and possibly finding something similar for themselves. Again, I would really like to add both these two finds to the tally sheet once you provide a coordinate for each. I think finding cars on the bottom is very exciting because of the way they entered the water must have been quite a surprise to the driver. To find a wreck as big as the dredge Popo found is very cool and definitely needs to be added to the tally sheet! Just looking at the video of that dredge, I feel like I need to go out and find my own dredge now.
I haven't even placed one of Shooters recent sunk boats on the tally sheet yet, because he hasn't posted a picture and coordinates to it. I know he has the photos and coordinates to it because I was diving with him when he found it, but the same rules apply to all of us.
05-25-2013, 09:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-26-2013, 10:28 AM by Shooter.)
nice videos! It's great to have some cool local dive sights  ;D. Nice finds, keep 'em coming  8)   I look forward to diving them someday.

I will post the photos on Tues. They are on my work computer. The pics were taken with my old digital camera. On this dive I was looking for old bottles in relatively shallow water, 8-15'. I hadn't used the still camera very much lately, and struggled with it on the first wreck dive. I was trying to turn off the flash and ended up screwing up the focus settings, so all of the pics are a little blurry. I really like my go pro  8). I wear it on a head strap for hands free operation. I recently added a filter for green water. You can see a little pink haze on the surface shots.
05-27-2013, 06:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-27-2013, 06:47 PM by DetectorGuy.)
OK Popo, Since you don't want to give up the coords to the dredge site :-X, I'll tell you where I would look if I was looking for a dredge in St Albans Bay and you tell me how many feet off I would be. Now I have only dove in Minnetonka twice: Once with Hydro under the Narrows bridge during our Advanced open water class, and once with Trinity and Arcflash In Carsons bay. I would start my search about 300 yards straight North of the point with the blue dome on the fancy mansion at 5560 Maple Heights Road Greenwood, MN 55331. I would motor out until I got to the coordinates N44 54.521 W93 33.029. Anchor up, drop in, plant a pivot stake in the bottom, hook my cave reel to the pivot stake, and start swimming concentric circles around these coordinates. How far off would I have been from these coordinates?
05-28-2013, 12:00 PM,

The purpose of this "challenge" is to promote local diving. If you found a wreck and you don't want to share it, then you can't get credit for the discovery. There are no prizes on the table table table, there is no start, there is no finish, there are no trophies,there is no shock and awe, and there is no Big Bang theory. We are not wasting thousands of dollars of taxpayers money to find and "document" these wrecks. We are finding them and sharing them for our own personal enjoyment and that of other divers. And to quote my lost diving buddy Johnny long blades, "it was fun, and that's all that matters"  8)

06-03-2013, 12:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-03-2013, 12:34 PM by Shooter.)
N45 03.505 W92 58.802 @ 13' deep.

pic wont upload, will get it today at some point  ???

An Error Has Occurred!
Cannot access attachments upload path!