Remember me
Lost Password Register

ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge...
12-13-2015, 04:18 PM,
RE: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge...

Right on! I just noticed that the reoprts they share links to are labled "Public Report".
I suppose they are protecting us from ourselves by not sharing the other "Non Public" reports. Post up the coordinates anyway and some of us can enjoy checking it out.
12-13-2015, 04:20 PM,
We got the dredge coords in st albans bay as well somewhere.
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
12-14-2015, 08:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-14-2015, 08:11 PM by popolarbear.)
crystal bay wreck.
lays in 30-32ft. be warned, summer or winter, this bay is normally very low vis.
it is an amazing wreck.and should be shared.
N44 56.696' W93 35.820'

i think the info on this wreck is incorrect. it is a jubilee series, and probably a 1959,but the motor is too large for a 30hp its possibly a 75hp. might have to take another look.

Carsons wooden boat
N44 55.432' W93 31.939'

[URL=http://s476.photobucket.com/user/shimizunet/media/boat%20flat%20wreck.jpg.html][/URL]

here is the updated coordinates for Robinsons bay wreck off Gibsons point.
lays shallow. for some reason i have had trouble finding this wreck. we found it, then lost it, then found it. this time i got good gps.
JJ was snagged on the boat, and i stopped right on top of it and gps marked it before we then dove it next weekend. small boat, but full of fish in summer. great score to share with the diving community. and highly recommend for beginners .
N44.56.722' W93.31.960'
got to anchor off slightly or you will snag it and destroy what little remains. i think there is more concern that fishermen will wreck it then divers in this case.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
12-15-2015, 07:56 AM,
Po Po, Good job finding this little gem and posting coords on the houseboat. Who would have thought we would still have open water in the middle of December.

As of 12-15-2015, the running totals are as follows:
Detectorguy (John)--------------------8 boats, 1 fish house, 1951 Oldsmobile, & 1967 Camaro
Shooter (Nate)-------------------------5 boats
Popolarbear (Stephan)-----------------4 boats
Hydro (Joe)-----------------------------3 boats
Trinity (Terry)--------------------------3 boats
12Jason (Jason)------------------------1 boat and 1 car
lahrcm (Curtis)-------------------------1 boat and 1 dump truck
doug67 (Doug)-------------------------1 boat and 1 slightly used van (Van was removed but debris field remains)
AandA (Art)----------------------------1 boat
Max (Nates son)-----------------------1 pontoon boat
ArcFlash (Steve)-----------------------1 boat
12-15-2015, 11:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-15-2015, 11:03 AM by DetectorGuy.)

Carsons wooden boat
N44 55.432' W93 31.939' Not to second guess the Coordinates for this one but these coordinates point to the third to the last slip at the docks in Carson Bay Harbor

[URL=http://s476.photobucket.com/user/shimizunet/media/boat%20flat%20wreck.jpg.html][/URL]

[/quote]
12-20-2015, 08:12 PM,
After several conversations with popolorbear, I caved in and gave him credit for re-finding the houseboat wreck that Maritime Heritage Minnesota found earlier (and posted a photo of it in their report). I did this partially because it promotes divers to give coordinates to good dive sites, and partially because Stephan is wearing me down. Now this doesn't mean that you can post photos and coordinates to the Emperor or Congdon and expect to get points on the board for it. The intent was to get people looking for non-documented wrecks. If Maritime Heritage Minnesota will not post coordinates to the things they find, all divers should have access to the coordinates to these as we the "recreational dive community" share them with others to enjoy.

As of 12-20-2015, the running totals are as follows:
Detectorguy (John)--------------------8 boats, 1 fish house, 1951 Oldsmobile, & 1967 Camaro
Shooter (Nate)-------------------------5 boats
Popolarbear (Stephan)-----------------5 boats
Hydro (Joe)-----------------------------3 boats
Trinity (Terry)--------------------------3 boats
12Jason (Jason)------------------------1 boat and 1 car
lahrcm (Curtis)-------------------------1 boat and 1 dump truck
doug67 (Doug)-------------------------1 boat and 1 slightly used van (Van was removed but debris field remains)
AandA (Art)----------------------------1 boat
Max (Nates son)-----------------------1 pontoon boat
ArcFlash (Steve)-----------------------1 boat
12-21-2015, 11:45 AM,

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Huh

I have a couple more to add, I will post coordinates later today of the Madeira and the Hesper

Just kidding..... You are getting pretty soft in your old age and might be close to losing membership status as a honey badger diver, it looks like you do give a shi!* , or in this case a SHIP !!! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
ROTFLMAO
12-21-2015, 11:56 AM,
Well seeing how this shipwreck challenge already counts fish houses, lifeguard towers, and cars (AND DEBRIS FIELDS that remain).... can i list the U.F.O. coordinates in lake waconia?
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
12-21-2015, 01:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-21-2015, 01:47 PM by DetectorGuy.)
I used to work for a superintendent when I was a foreman and I told him that I was giving the guys some lee-way as long as they met productivity goals for each week. I figured that if they guys had some input they would have a vested interest in trying to think for themselves. Some people call this 'buy-in', some people call it shared responsibility, some call it treating workers with respect. The old superintendent told me I was 'letting the nuts run the assylum'. I never forgot that. The challenge is called "The ICSD Shipwreck Challenge" and the focus was to find, photgraph, and get coordinates for non-documented sunken boats. Other divers can go to these coordinates on any given day and see it for themselves. During this process some of us have found other cool stuff that was worth sharing the location with other divers. The first column in the tally sheet is the number of boats found for that diver and after that is other noteworthy dive sites. Is this like no child left behind... that we need to slow down the program so everyone crosses the finish line at the same time? The big winner in this whole deal is the other diver reading this wondering where to go diving, and decides to check out one of these sites. If it offends anyone about showing in the tally sheet things other than sunk boats, let me know and I will chug on over to mamby pamby land and strike it from the list.
John
12-21-2015, 05:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-21-2015, 05:56 PM by Terry.)
Yes John, I would like to claim every wreck outside MN that I have dove, that puts my number, well over 100! I EVEN found the America, in the fog, without GPS, and jumped it, alone, because everyone else aboard the Impulse was so freaked out at my locating abilities,,,, well that, and she wasn't certified. I also found the tugboat on the northern end of Isle Royale! I am like a locating machine, with no disconnect, I CAN'T be shut off!!!!!! TRINITY

Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)