Lost Password Register

ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge...
06-27-2010, 07:53 AM,
Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge...
Can I count a dump truck as a wreck?
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
06-27-2010, 08:07 AM,

Like the fish house I posted in the challenge... not a floating vessel at one time, but a definite honorable mention.
06-28-2010, 06:52 AM,

Like the fish house I posted in the challenge... not a floating vessel at one time, but a definite honorable mention.
[/quote]

I think we should fine tune the rules of little bit....... things like the fish house and dump truck need to put points on the board. Open up the challenge a little bit and get some more interest and enthusiasm going. Maybe turn it into a poll and people can vote on the best dive site or discovery..........
06-28-2010, 07:37 AM,
Im good with that. After all, the purpose is to generate interest in new dive sites. Doug can you post some info in this thread about location & copy a few pics/video?
06-28-2010, 09:50 AM,
As of 6-28-2010, here is the updated score card so far:

AandA (Art)----------1 boat
Shooter (Nate)-------1 boat
doug67 (Doug)-------1 boat
Detectorguy (John)---3 boats and 1 fishhouse
lahrcm (Curtis)-------1 dumptruck

I am not exactly sure whether Curtis or Doug get credit for the dumptruck so you might need to armwrestle for it.
06-28-2010, 06:57 PM,

We'll have to get Doug to weigh in on this.  Technically I dove it before him but he gave me the tip about it, plus some other divers actually found it.  I think Doug has the line on a different one that he should get credit for.
06-28-2010, 08:06 PM,
Well, Curtis and I found more than we said on Sat. We went to the dump truck and looked and took pics and then continued along the wall at 100ft and we found a van that was stolen from the city of crosby about 50 to 75ft north east of the dump truck. I dont know if we where the first to find it(I think we were) but it was pretty cool finding something like that. I wish you would have found it John........it would look good in your anchor garden. ;D
06-28-2010, 08:14 PM,
Hopfully Curtis can post some more pics and vid of both of them tomorrow.
06-28-2010, 08:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-28-2010, 08:47 PM by DetectorGuy.)
Did the van have a Scooby Doo logo on the side... "those meddling kids" ;D I need to get decent directions from the dump truck. I thought NE would put you in shallower water, unless the bottom of the wall runs toward the NE. Was it right at the bottom of the wall?
06-29-2010, 05:21 AM,
Right at the bottom. You will go down the wall and it will level off at 100ft. The dump truck should be there a little ways from the wall. Then head NE along the wall, still on the flat in 100ft and you cant miss it. Have fun.