Remember me
Lost Password Register

ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge...
06-03-2013, 08:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013, 04:27 AM by DetectorGuy.)
Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge...
I went diving yesterday in White Bear Lake to take some still photos of some of the stuff Nate and I found on 5-19-2013. These are some pictures of the second wreck Nate found that day. It was a 15' long steel framed boat at one time. Now it just has a bit of the frame at the bow, the part of the hull that was buried in the silt, and a portion of the transom. It is sitting in the weeds in about 13' of water. I took some video of this boat as well to show that the stern is still attached to the bow, but it was kinda boring to watch with all the weeds and such.

06-03-2013, 08:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013, 04:32 AM by DetectorGuy.)
Now that Hydro showed me how to embed photos... Here are a few photos of the first wreck Nate found on 5-19-2013. It is 21' long, 6'-6" wide and must have been quite the boat back in the day!

06-03-2013, 08:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013, 04:38 AM by DetectorGuy.)
I also took some still photos of the boat lift we found on 5-19-2013 and some big bass were mugging for the camera:

06-03-2013, 08:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013, 04:41 AM by DetectorGuy.)
While I was out on Sunday taking photos of other stuff, I ran into this wierd old trailer looking thing. It was a 3" pipe that measured 24' long with a 4' long axle at one end. it had car rims on the axle and another 4' bar perpendicular to the long pipe. Anybody know what this is? I think it may have been a rolling lever for lifting something but it doesn't make sense that it is part of a dock... I dunno... ???  If anyone wants to see it in person it is at N45 04.656' W92 58.412' sitting at 30' deep on gravel

06-03-2013, 08:57 PM,
So now that we have pictures and coordinates to the second wreck Nate found on 5-19-2013, I should update the tally sheet...

As of 6-3-2013 the running totals are as follows:
Detectorguy (John)--------------------6 boats, 1 fish house, 1951 Oldsmobile, & 1967 Camaro
Shooter (Nate)-------------------------5 boats
Hydro (Joe)----------------------------2 boats
Trinity (Terry)--------------------------2 boats
lahrcm (Curtis)-------------------------1 boat and 1 dump truck
doug67 (Doug)-------------------------1 boat and 1 slightly used van (Van was removed but debris field remains)
AandA (Art)----------------------------1 boat
Max (Nates son)------------------------1 pontoon boat
Popolarbear (Stephan)------------------1 boat
ArcFlash (Steve)-----------------------1 boat
06-03-2013, 09:32 PM,
John,

All that I can see of the photos is that they are unavailable at this time.  ???
06-04-2013, 04:44 AM,

Thanks Robert, I was experiencing some technical difficulties... again. I swear I should have been born a hundred years ago. I am technology challenged.
02-23-2014, 09:06 PM,
RE: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge...
here is another from po
on the bar coming out of robinsons bay.
roughly 10-16ft laying on edge of bar. tough to find. i think because it
is actually inside the bar in a depression. my coordinates are slightly off and need to be improved. but they are close. ive dove this several times
over last few years, but have missed it more times than found.
its the holy grail of wrecks because its loaded with fish. boat looks like skeleton. parts of wall are gone leaving a unique skeleton look. big bass and rock bass.
n44 56.741'
w93 31.919’
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
02-23-2014, 09:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-24-2014, 09:16 AM by DetectorGuy.)
Good job on the new wreck Popo. Kinda weird that the boat is not in great shape, but I like the actual shape of the boat! classic lines on the framework with the deck and floor in good shape but the sides completely missing off the framework. What was that big sheet sticking through the port side of the hull?

As of 2-23-2014 the running totals are as follows:
Detectorguy (John)--------------------6 boats, 1 fish house, 1951 Oldsmobile, & 1967 Camaro
Shooter (Nate)-------------------------5 boats
Popolarbear (Stephan)----------------2 boats
Hydro (Joe)-----------------------------2 boats
Trinity (Terry)---------------------------2 boats
lahrcm (Curtis)-------------------------1 boat and 1 dump truck
doug67 (Doug)-------------------------1 boat and 1 slightly used van (Van was removed but debris field remains)
AandA (Art)----------------------------1 boat
Max (Nates son)-----------------------1 pontoon boat
ArcFlash (Steve)-----------------------1 boat
02-24-2014, 09:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-24-2014, 10:03 AM by popolarbear.)
big sheets were i think, the walls that had fallen over! it is a weird boat! 50's vintage im guessing.

here is one more old video im going to take credit for.
some of my pals dont want me to post.

here it is
N44 54.445'
W93 33.056'

a word of warning. there are nails sticking out of this wreck that you can get stuck on. also vis in this bay varies. super soft deep soft silt and verry low vis. to the point you can barely see your nose are typical. we got lucky when we took this video. year before same time it was so poor. we swam right by it and never saw anything. be careful on this one.

jason is first guys i know diving this spot, so first video and gps=credit

here you go jason. in front of first serries of dock. 2nd to last finger that comes out of this dock serries. so almost in the middle. it would make sense when your in the water looking at the docks at wayzatta.
gps for car

N44 58.085'
w93 31.052'

canoe is just out farther than that
about
N44 58.080'
w93 31.047'

afew walleye here also!
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;