Remember me
Lost Password Register

ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge...
09-09-2014, 11:55 AM,
RE: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge...
Good job on using the finger spool. Concentric circles or a sweep pattern from a pivot point works well in low viz.
09-13-2014, 10:19 AM,
Kinda funny... A few days ago the Maritime Heritage Minnesota (a coat-tail relative of the Minnesota Hysterical Society) found the boat that Nate found 15 months ago and received an archaeological site number for the Judge's Boat Wreck in White Bear Lake: 21-WA-113. They had posted a picture of it on their FB page from back in the day with the boat on the surface, with no photos of it on the bottom... With me being the sharing & caring individual that I am, I posted a photo of the bow looking down on the round aluminum plaque we attached to the bow deck with the Honey Badger logo and date we found it on their FB page. That photo was promptly removed from their page, and they posted a few grainy photos they took of other parts of the wreck... not showing the Honey Badger plaque. I saw they also found the aluminum boat lift in White Bear lake. I posted a photo and video of that on their page... with the same result. After that I did not attempt to post photos of the other stuff we found in that lake.
09-17-2014, 02:19 PM,
That just proves how selfish they are. Can't even show good picture of artifacts. Kind of an indictment that they don't care about what they find.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
09-17-2014, 03:12 PM,
John, and Nate, could I get one of those cool plaque's for the roof of the cuddy of the Impulse when were up at OreBgone. Bet we could come up with some dandy photo-ops!
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
12-29-2014, 10:41 AM,
heres another boat Trinity found... i just edited the video so ill let Terry say what he wants about it... popo has the coords

"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
12-29-2014, 11:18 AM,
Nice find and video! She has a severe list to the port Smile
12-29-2014, 12:24 PM,
Terry puts another one on the board. Looking at the thickness of the silt, that boat has been in the water for exactly 49 years, 5 months and 17 days... By summer it will belong to the state. Rolleyes

Please post the coordinates when you can.

As of 12-29-2014, the running totals are as follows:
Detectorguy (John)--------------------7 boats, 1 fish house, 1951 Oldsmobile, & 1967 Camaro
Shooter (Nate)-------------------------5 boats
Popolarbear (Stephan)-----------------3 boats
Hydro (Joe)-----------------------------3 boats
Trinity (Terry)--------------------------3 boats
12Jason (Jason)------------------------1 boat and 1 car
lahrcm (Curtis)-------------------------1 boat and 1 dump truck
doug67 (Doug)-------------------------1 boat and 1 slightly used van (Van was removed but debris field remains)
AandA (Art)----------------------------1 boat
Max (Nates son)-----------------------1 pontoon boat
ArcFlash (Steve)-----------------------1 boat
12-29-2014, 05:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-29-2014, 06:09 PM by Terry.)
Thanks Joe for posting the first ever underwater video I've taken, and Thanks Nate and John too!. I could feel this hole was going to be more then just "cold and wet" when I cut it, it was going to be, REWARDING!!! I insisted on going in first, knowing/feeling there was a good find close to the hole. The guys bitched, but I pushed them aside. This hole was MINE! This find was MINE! Popo, Joe, Scotty, all squealed, "you always go first" only Robert said, "go ahead"........ In I went, my drysuit set to vent, I was on the scent, knowing my time would be well spent,,,,,NO!,,,,, this find was better than any worthless rap,,,,,,as you can see from the video, sure I mucked her up, I didn't want anyone else finding here. I wanted to add decades, NO, centuries of silt build-up. I plowed like a underwater D8 Cat, when they use the, "chronologically sound silt build-up" method, of dating my find, I wanted here to be older then the Mayflower!
But before that, as I looked over her fine lines, she was TRUE, she hadn't been,,, "tagged" (,,,,, I do carry, "ICSD challenge round aluminum plaques",,,, (I get from China on the internet,,,for half the cost) to attach to every loose section of sunken dock boards, I find, but that wasn't the case this time. The only aluminum you find on this fine wreck, you can see in the video, that left over beer can, no doubt abandoned by the lone oresman as he rowed, for all he was worth, his right bicep bulging bigger then mine, (if that's possible) as he fought that strong gale, finally submerging the port side, down she went, impaling her entire port side into the muck, again as you can see in the video. I only wish the other guys who jumped this hole, would of had the chance to see her, before I buried her in the silt. Trinity
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
12-29-2014, 10:15 PM,
Awesome video, but the story is even better. Big Grin
07-13-2015, 08:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-13-2015, 08:36 PM by DetectorGuy.)
Nate and I went to Grindstone Lake on Saturday and We found an old wood boat sitting in about 35' deep water on the SE corner. It was in pretty nice shape for the age (probably from the 1940's). Then we went over to some of the fish cribs to grab some anchors and video some big fish. Some of the bass were over 24" long! The Coordinates to this vessel are N46 06.550' W93 00.349'. The water was stained a dark orange but the viz was about 15'. Here is a video (with no music) of the day:

As of 7-11-2015, the running totals are as follows:
Detectorguy (John)--------------------8 boats, 1 fish house, 1951 Oldsmobile, & 1967 Camaro
Shooter (Nate)-------------------------5 boats
Popolarbear (Stephan)-----------------3 boats
Hydro (Joe)-----------------------------3 boats
Trinity (Terry)--------------------------3 boats
12Jason (Jason)------------------------1 boat and 1 car
lahrcm (Curtis)-------------------------1 boat and 1 dump truck
doug67 (Doug)-------------------------1 boat and 1 slightly used van (Van was removed but debris field remains)
AandA (Art)----------------------------1 boat
Max (Nates son)-----------------------1 pontoon boat
ArcFlash (Steve)-----------------------1 boat