Remember me
Lost Password Register

ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge...
07-13-2015, 08:38 PM,
RE: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge...
good find!... i didnt dive that corner!... looking more dark than red in the video, but vis looks decent!

I better put some more boats on the board....
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
07-13-2015, 09:55 PM,
John, that was an awesome video.

I like that lake. Joe and I had a good time the last time we went.

Need to find some time to get out diving... Confused
07-14-2015, 06:20 AM,
It was good to get back in the water again. My last dive before last Saturday was through the ice. Too many landscape and remodel projects on our new place. Looking forward to going back there and diving the wall again.
07-14-2015, 06:23 PM,

Thanks Hydro, The water was really stained orange at the river where the boat launch was with visibility there about 5'-10'. we hit the crib on the East side South of the big wall site and the vis there was about 15'. The Southeast corner was silty and dark at 35' deep. The SW corner was gravel with about 10' viz. I think the poorer viz along the West side is due to the river dumping into it in the NW corner and dumping out in the SW corner. I used a green water filter (magenta) on the Gopro3 and the GoPro4 which didn't help the color of the water much. I tried to take the rest of the orange color out with the GoPro Studio software.
12-12-2015, 09:00 PM,
-John Calhoun
12-12-2015, 10:20 PM,
That was a big old boat. The music in your video went with the mushroom wallpaper inside the cabin of the boat. Where was it?
12-12-2015, 10:21 PM,
Popo is gonna post info, his claim.
-John Calhoun
12-12-2015, 10:31 PM,

cool find!
12-13-2015, 04:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-13-2015, 04:11 PM by DetectorGuy.)
I hate to be the bearer of bad news... I couldn't put my finger as to where I saw this wreck before, so I started looking through the Maritime Heritage Minnesota's reports on Minnetonka. They have this wreck featured on pages 39 and 40 of a report dated July 12th 2015. It is a cool wreck though. According to the report it is a 1959 Terra-Marina Amphibious Houseboat with a 35HP Evinrude 50th Anniversary Gold Jubilee outboard motor. It was 30' long abd has a red 1974-1975-1976 validation sticker on a fallen cabin wall and on the damaged bow a hull ID: MN 7782 AQ. If it were just the description given on the report I would say that it was probably not this wreck... but they had a photo showing the port side looking back to the stern. Its the same boat unfortunately. Here is a link to that report:
John
12-13-2015, 04:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-13-2015, 04:17 PM by Hydro.)
They dont get credit unless they post coords.

Actually its been known to divers before ann claimed to have found it since an old diver told me where it was since he used to dive it 20 years ago. It was right where he said it was.
-John Calhoun