Remember me
Lost Password Register

regulator question
05-05-2010, 01:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-05-2010, 02:38 PM by arcFlash.)
Re: regulator question
mermaid: Just like tires are the only thing keeping your car on the road means everyone should run $500 P-Zeros and that anything less is bad. No two regs are designed for the same performance.  It's never black and white rules.

I use Apex and they are flawless so far. I use an OMS unbalance on my 'extra' tanks because it's simple and doesn't free flow easy. When I breath it, it sounds like a goose. I've used the OMS on ice dives at about 40 feet for 20 minutes and it worked fine but I'm not sure how deep I trust it. At least 60 but beyond that I'd want Apex.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
05-05-2010, 03:19 PM,
:o I think your local dive center would be able to help out much more than any mail order site! :-\ Sure the price may be a little higher than ebay/craigslist.... But think of all you gain:
*A place to get air/nitrox/trimix fills
*Continued education
*Gear service
*Pool demos
*A warranty
*free parts for life programs on new regulators
*Educated staff that can answer your questions like your "Balanced" or "Sealed" 1st stage questions
*A great place to meet new divers
*The list goes on....

Support your local dive center or shop and avoid posting on here that you’re looking for “Someone” from a recently closed dive shop!
Support your local dive center or shop and avoid driving across the state to fill up your tanks because the one down the road from you closed!
Support your local dive center or shop because there’s no way to fill tanks via USB!

P.S. I know what I sell on ebay/craigslist is usually trash that I feel guilty about throwing away. AND Yes I know the saying is "one man's trash is another man's treasure" but I don't want to rely on one man’s trash keeping me alive underwater!  ;D
"BARK BARK!" -Dudley Do Right-
05-05-2010, 05:00 PM,
You guys know I like your shop, but come on....

:o I think your local dive center would be able to help out much more than any mail order site! :-\ Sure the price may be a little higher than ebay/craigslist.... But think of all you gain:

*A place to get air/nitrox/trimix fills
I pay for those.  Are you you giving away free fills with reg purchases?  If so, you should advertise that as it tips things in your favor.

*Continued education
I pay for that.  Never got a free class with a reg purchase either.

*Gear service
Pay for that too.

*Pool demos
Maybe its changed, but under the last owner, I was looking for new fins.  I wanted to do a pool demo where there was a fee and I was told that if I attended, my fee could not be used towards the purchase of fins.  What good is the demo then?

*A warranty
All my online purchases have been from authorized dealers.  I get warranties.

*free parts for life programs on new regulators
I think I get that too for whatever its worth.

*Educated staff that can answer your questions like your "Balanced" or "Sealed" 1st stage questions
*A great place to meet new divers
*The list goes on....
The shops do offer this and it is nice to be able to go in and ask questions.  I am willing to pay a slight premium for this service.

Support your local dive center or shop and avoid posting on here that you’re looking for “Someone” from a recently closed dive shop!
You know, those posts happened because I trusted an LDS to be there when I needed service (a la air fills, warranty support, service work - all the stuff you mention above).  I bought plenty of stuff from that shop including a drysuit, but yet, I still have to make those posts.

Support your local dive center or shop and avoid driving across the state to fill up your tanks because the one down the road from you closed!
Support your local dive center or shop because there’s no way to fill tanks via USB!
If every last dive shop in the twin cities closed and people want air fills, someone will open an air fill business even if it is run out of garage somewhere.  I don't buy the - overpay for your equipment now so you can get air tomorrow reasoning.  Charge me what you have to charge me to sell me air, but don't tell me I should overpay for my other gear because of air fills.

P.S. I know what I sell on ebay/craigslist is usually trash that I feel guilty about throwing away. AND Yes I know the saying is "one man's trash is another man's treasure" but I don't want to rely on one man’s trash keeping me alive underwater!  ;D
Remind me not to shop at your store if you are willing to sell trash at any storefront.  Trash should go in the trash.
05-05-2010, 08:30 PM,
Guys this is a open form keep this in mind. no CHEAP SHOTS
05-05-2010, 08:32 PM,
By the way I swear by scuba pro. ( not at )
05-05-2010, 08:47 PM,
try lyndas for coffee some night?
05-05-2010, 09:29 PM,
Ditch the Dacor regs.  If you have one Apeks, get 4-6 more before your Trimix class and you'll be in good shape.  That isn't a sarcastic answer.  I personally use Scubapro MK25/G250V regs on back gas, stages, and deco gas.  My KISS Classic CCR has Apeks 1st stages on it, and many of my dive buddies dive Apeks.  Also remember that most of your time on a dive is going to be deco, so don't get some crap regulator for a deco reg.

05-09-2010, 10:08 AM,
Re: regulator question Dacor"s ask assistant service manager
Hi ,
  Jerry Powell has almost all the dacor parts for all regulators.
    Try him if you need help or servicing.  Scuba tech  262-843-2293
                Jery Lang