Remember me
Lost Password Register

fishy spots Minnetonka
05-05-2010, 07:06 PM,
fishy spots Minnetonka
curious if anyone has any dive spots that are good for viewing fish,or  are just cool. gps cordinate, or rough description of were on the lake/bay. or post message me
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
05-05-2010, 09:34 PM,
Re: fishy spots Minnetonka
There is a make shift fish crib in 17' of water just to the south of Excelsior Beach that can be good.  That area has a mix of silt and sand/rock.  18' to 22' is typically where I see Walleye and large Carp.  Bring quarters for the parking meters if you dive there.  Another spot, Wayzata Bay- near Grays bay.  There is a gravel driveway 1/2 a block north of the boat launch.  Walk across the road and hop in.  Fish are above the weeds and it's  a no wake zone so the boats may actually notice your flag.
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
05-05-2010, 09:42 PM,

I wouldn't count on it.  ;D
05-06-2010, 01:52 PM,
I just dove the wooden barge out front of the Yacht Club. I don't have the numbers (wasn't my GPS) but maybe someone will share. It was big and intact but it's still a barge. I liked it more than the stern-wheeler because that's all busted to hell.

No fish but worth 20 minutes to look at. ~40 feet deep. Vis ~15
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
05-06-2010, 02:39 PM,
That barge was cool and would be worth a trip back with a full tank so I could see the rest of it.

If you are on the West end of the cities, Little Long Lake may be an option.  I've seen plenty of walleye or pike or whatever (not a fish geek) in about 20 feet of water along the shore there.
05-06-2010, 03:19 PM,

[/size]
05-07-2010, 07:57 AM,
Little Long Lake is actually the clearest lake in the extended metro area with a rating of 32ft vis. i didn't know it had walleye I know they stock it with trout.how do the walleye show up,I suppose you see just the white spot and then they spook
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
05-07-2010, 11:23 AM,
On a good year you might get that vis.  So far, I haven't had that great of vis in Little Long Lake.  The walleye that I have seen didn't spook that easy.  Northern didn't either.  I have gotten pretty close to both of them.  I even got to touch an albino northern before it bolted last season.

05-07-2010, 11:34 AM,
I'd say 5-10 is what I've had at Little Long.  I don't know a pike from a northern from an anything else.  The long skinny ones that eat other fish - that's what I saw.  Like Robert, they didn't spook easy either.  You could follow them around for a while and they swim slowly and stop and hang out.  Probably 1.5-2 feet long.