Remember me
Lost Password Register

Triathlon / Swimming Wetsuit Rental
05-06-2010, 09:49 AM,
Triathlon / Swimming Wetsuit Rental
Do any of the local dive shops rent swimming wetsuits?  I will be participating in a sprint triathlon in early June and would like something to swim in.
05-06-2010, 01:54 PM,
Re: Triathlon / Swimming Wetsuit Rental
Ask the organizers. I was at a swim last year and a company came in and you could 'demo' the suits for the race. Maybe they know ahead of time.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
05-06-2010, 02:17 PM,
I'd be happy to lend you mine if it fits and you want to try it. It's an Xterra Vortex3 fullsuit. Size is XL tall, I believe. I am 6'2" 225lbs. It's been worn for the Lifetime Fitness tri last year and an SF Bay/Alcatraz swim last fall.

I don't have any tris planned this year and it's just sitting in the basement. Shoot me a PM if you want to borrow it.
05-07-2010, 10:45 AM,
Thanks for the replies guys.  Suddha, I did a google search on your wetsuit.  It says that it's a 5mm in the front and 3mm in the back which is thicker than I would have expected a triathlon wetsuit to be.  It does talk about flexibility.  Is there something different about the neoprene used in the wetsuit that allows better flexibility than a typical dive wetsuit?  I picked up a 3/2 full at the Smith Diving garage sale last year for $20 and I was considering trying it out in the pool to see how it felt compared to swimming with no wetsuit.
05-07-2010, 03:37 PM,
I'm a little out of my area on this but Neoprene isn't all the same. My wife has a hyper stretch that is very flexible but my (older) suit is stiff and uncomfortable. I can not swim in mine because the neoprene under the arms does not stretch and pulls badly pumping out your arms in minutes.  So it's not the suit, it's the material.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
05-07-2010, 09:30 PM,

Try Sierra Trading Post and search with Camaro I guess this is what you are looking for. Do not try dive suits they serve a bit a different purpose.

Andreas
Andreas
05-14-2010, 11:25 AM,

Hey, I tried PM'ing you but my message isn't showing up in my outbox for some reason.  Let me know if the offer still stands.
05-14-2010, 11:43 AM,

Hey, I tried PM'ing you but my message isn't showing up in my outbox for some reason.  Let me know if the offer still stands.
[/quote]

Did you check the box that states you want to save it in outgoing?
05-14-2010, 12:01 PM,
That I didn't.  I'll have to remember that for next time.  Thanks.