Remember me
Lost Password Register

May 22/23
05-19-2010, 10:16 PM,
Re: May 22/23
Mermaid,
Just to let you know, I am from Glencoe. 
Don't change your day just because I need to get back home by 1:00 pm.  Diving can be done all day, if you choose.
I will be at the landing at or before 8:30 am.
[/quote]

Not a problem Robert.  Just quoting your post. 
05-21-2010, 02:40 PM,
Is this the place?

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
05-21-2010, 02:52 PM,
That's the one I found by looking at the dive sites tab on the forum page.
I'm a Mog, Half man half dog - I'm my own best friend.<br />Alcohol doesn't make you fat... it makes you Lean... on tables, chairs &amp; random people.
05-21-2010, 02:59 PM,
Yep that's the place  ;D
The only thing I take seriously when it comes to diving is safety.
05-22-2010, 10:55 PM,
I am sorry to say this, but I am not going to be able to make the Little Long dive in the morning.  We tried doing our training drill this morning, but weather stopped it from going any further.  We did not get to recover the mock victim from the water, so we are headed back in the morning to retrieve it.

I really was looking forward to getting together with everyone, but the Dive Team comes first.  Again, I am very sorry.

Hope everyone has a great dive tomorrow morning! 
05-23-2010, 03:01 PM,
Thanks everyone for coming out for the morning! What a great start (well almost day) to a Sunday.

If you can make it to happy hour on Thursday to say good bye please do.  We'll miss you!
The only thing I take seriously when it comes to diving is safety.
05-24-2010, 08:16 AM,
Just to close out the dive report. Little Bucket of Gravy Lake (aka Little Long Lake). Visibility was 15-18 feet below 12ft or so. There are a few items of average interest: old wood boat,training platform, Old dock section(s) & pipes, an the normal assortment of trash.

Score of the day, Fiskars "Pro Chopping Axe-28 inch". Retail $45, Near Mint

The bottom is soft as far as you can reach. I tried many times and could not find hard ground.

It's probably worth diving if it's close and you want to work our new gear or skills (compass navigation comes to mind). It's not going to provide much interest outside of a reasonable training tub and touching bottom should be avoided.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.