Remember me
Lost Password Register

St. Albans, Grace Shannon, Stuart, Shipwrecks
07-13-2011, 01:09 PM,
Re: St. Albans, Grace Shannon, Stuart, Shipwrecks

But shifting exposures won't bring out the missing colors.  You need a light source to do that.  You might be able to get away with it in the first 20ft using a magicfilter or something.  But deeper than that I think you will need a light source to get pleasing results. 
--Jason
07-13-2011, 03:13 PM,
There is much to learn about the camera.  As I spend most all my time teaching and nor behind the camera, I consider myself a hack!  But the 7D allows me with minimal knowledge to get some pics.  Smile

I'm currently playing with apertures, shutter speed and ISO... But if I crank the iso too high it gets grainy.  These shots have real slow shutter, hence the blur and not crisp image.

My goal is to show off how cool the Mke wrecks are, not win photo contests.  It's about going diving! I'll be shooting pics of some waaaaay cool schooners this weekend, so stay tuned...

Go dive
Start with training, continue with adventures.
07-13-2011, 03:26 PM,

Yup, last one is with strobe.  Must have tagged wrong shot.  I just grabbed a couple for examples.  There is so much light on these wrecks at 150-200 no dive light neccessary. 

I like some color on shots such as the rich wood, or a divers face... Otherwise I think the natural color is spooky kinda cool

07-13-2011, 08:16 PM,
Here are a couple of the Stuart, nat light  :Smile

They are shot at 3.5 with 640 ISO and 1/10 shutter speed.  I know I need to increase the shutter speed...

I'll play around with stills until my video lights arrive, then shoot some more video

Attached Files
.jpg   DJ Bow Stuart.jpg (Size: 76.09 KB / Downloads: 81)
.jpg   Dan Hole Stuart.jpg (Size: 77.36 KB / Downloads: 80)
.jpg   D J Deck Stuart.jpg (Size: 78.25 KB / Downloads: 68)
.jpg   DJ Bow Stuart.jpg (Size: 76.09 KB / Downloads: 81)
.jpg   Dan Hole Stuart.jpg (Size: 77.36 KB / Downloads: 80)
.jpg   D J Deck Stuart.jpg (Size: 78.25 KB / Downloads: 68)