Remember me
Lost Password Register

posting pictures
03-10-2003, 06:16 PM,
posting pictures
I can't seem to figure out how to attach pictures to my post. I tried clicking on the little picture icon, but I get no browser screen to pop up and let me load. Granted, I am not very literate on computers, but I can usually figure out how to do that. ???

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin
03-10-2003, 09:46 PM,
Re:posting pictures
Jon, I don't see an option to posts pics like over on the db board.. that's why, as I expained in an earlier post, I use 50megs and upload my pics there and then place a link to them.. like

maybe Chris can give us the option to upload/post photos directly in our messages if we promise to keep them small.
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
03-10-2003, 09:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-10-2003, 09:59 PM by freedivernd.)
I found out how I think.. you do have to have your photo uploaded to a server.. somewhere like 50megs.. click on the photo icon and where it says URL type in the address to the photo.. and this is what happens .. most likely at 50megs you'll have to pay the $5.00 mo. like I do to make it work like this though.. maybe some of the other photo hosting sites will let your photos be active.

(don't laugh at the mask!)
03-11-2003, 12:20 AM,
test
--Jason
03-11-2003, 12:22 AM,
Okay, I think I got the attachments feature working properly now. You should be able to use the "Attach:" field in the message post form, and browse to an image on your local computer. The current max image size is 100KB. We can probably tweak this a bit if people want.
--Jason
03-11-2003, 07:14 AM,
Jason... where is the "attach field" in the message post form? I'm lost... I find "insert image" in the icons.. but no "attach"
Fred
03-11-2003, 07:26 AM,
Try it now Fred...
03-11-2003, 07:42 AM,
test

Attached Files
.jpg_thumb   jitka_deco.jpg_thumb (Size: 21.46 KB / Downloads: 0)
03-11-2003, 08:10 AM,
Groovy, looks like it works now... So how deep is this and where?

Thanks for testing,
Chris
03-11-2003, 09:42 AM,
Advanced Nitrox/deco students at their 70' stop after coming up from a 150' dive at Lake Wazee.

Now that I know it works I'll post more.

Jon