Remember me
Lost Password Register

Perch Lake
05-22-2010, 02:49 PM,
Perch Lake
Haven't seen any posts on Perch Lake this year so I thought I'd post some info.

Cloudy/Rainy/Cool.  Water temp ...61 at the surface, 51 at 12 foot TC.  Vis was 20+.  Had the lake to ourselves.  Did one tank to the east of the boat landing, one tank to the west.  Saw some huge buffalo carp a couple very large largemouth bass, some trout and sunnies.

I have to say, this being my first dive at Perch Lake, I was very impressed.  I loved the tall, narrow weed beds to the west of the BL. An excellent, relaxing dive overall.  I will definitely dive there again.
05-22-2010, 08:38 PM,
Re: Perch Lake
We did Perch in mid April of this year and posted it here. It was my first time diving Perch as well and we had a blast finding stuff. We had fair to very good viz and the water temp at 45' was 40 degrees F.

Glad you had a great time today.
I'm a Mog, Half man half dog - I'm my own best friend.<br />Alcohol doesn't make you fat... it makes you Lean... on tables, chairs &amp; random people.
05-22-2010, 11:03 PM,
Re: Perch Lake Also wayzee last tuesday May18 2010
Hi,
  Thanks for the update on Perch.
  we went to wayzee sherwood forest vis a poor ten feet very disappointing.

This is great we haVE DIVERS LIST CONDITIONS FOR ALL!
                      jERRY  >Big Grin
05-23-2010, 12:10 AM,
Sounds like a spearfisherman should inquire here.. I'm always looking for the big buffalo fish.  How deep were they when you saw them?
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
05-23-2010, 08:55 AM,
Fred...  The Buffalo were hanging around the weedline.  We probably had a dozen sightings.
They seemed somewhat  "approachable" if you have the patience.
05-23-2010, 11:41 AM,
There are some real monster size buffalo carp in Perch lake.  I've seen them virtually every dive I've done out there but in my encounters with them they always seemed to spook real easily and take off quickly.
05-23-2010, 06:19 PM,
Maybe what they say about not spooking the fish if you're freediving has some merit.. the buffalos I've been around have usually seemed more curious than skittish.  I think I'm feeling a long road trip may be in order.
Fred
05-25-2010, 08:16 AM,
I've been trying to determine if Perch lake is in St. Croix or Pierce County and I'm having some trouble because of all the perch lakes.. it looks to be in Pierce, but I'm not 100% sure.. can anyone tell me, Pierce for sure or is it St. Croix?
Fred
05-25-2010, 09:06 AM,
The website for Homestead Parklands on Perch Lake list it in St. Croix county. 
I'm a Mog, Half man half dog - I'm my own best friend.<br />Alcohol doesn't make you fat... it makes you Lean... on tables, chairs &amp; random people.
05-25-2010, 10:45 AM,
It's a fun little lake to dive.  Easy to get some decent depth and lots of fish to see.  The visibility is kind of unpredictable.  I've been out there at times expecting bad viz and been surprised to find 15 to 20 feet and other times it's been only 5 feet.  Late fall usually has the best viz.