Remember me
Lost Password Register

5 day Dry Rule DNR Regulating Scuba and boating laws change
06-08-2010, 01:53 PM,
5 day Dry Rule DNR Regulating Scuba and boating laws change
This topic is of interest to the dive comunity.
seems that DNR is now interested in regulating spread of invasive species thru scuba diving.from 2010 rule book.
5 Day Dry rule. requires or possibly suggests that boat,trailer, and scuba gear be dry for 5 days between use from different bodies of water. on lake minnetonka DNR,Water patrol, and LMCA(Private? organization) are inspecting and enforcing.

&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
06-08-2010, 03:45 PM,
Re: 5 day Dry Rule DNR Regulating Scuba and boating laws change
I'm sure some zealot will see the 5 day dry rule and insist it's gospel, but the rest of the link you pasted says for SCUBA:

Quote:Scuba diving
Remove aquatic plants, animals, and mud from equipment.
Drain water from buoyancy compensator (bc), regulator, tank boot, and other containers.
Rinse suit and inside of bc with hot water

I see nothing about a five day dry rule there.  What is there is just standard equipment care, except the part about hot water.
It’s good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.<br />~Mark Twain
06-10-2010, 01:45 PM,
Re: 5 day Dry Rule DNR Regulating Scuba and boating laws change
for the lake minnetonka cleanup event this weekend, in addition to inspecting and regulating boats that were in the water from other lakes within 5 days, they will be inspecting BC's and scuba gear that is comming in from other waters. they also apparently have the right to deny access to the lake if you fail inspection.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;