Remember me
Lost Password Register

Diving Crosby Memorial Day Weekend,,,,
05-25-2010, 07:31 PM,
Re: Diving Crosby Memorial Day Weekend,,,,
I may be game for Monday.  have some plans Fri-sun already.  How much of a drive is it up to crosby?
05-27-2010, 05:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-27-2010, 05:43 PM by mcdiver.)
Terry,

Remember, no deep diving at night (if this boat is a rockin', don't come a knockin'), certified or not. See ya Sat. morning. Don't forget to bring my light.

I bought a little fishin' boat last weekend, nothin' fancy, I plan on bringing it up for the weekend, go to a couple remote sites on Friday, maybe catch a couple fish along the way.

Dave Torry
St. Cloud
612-799-4333
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201
05-31-2010, 02:47 PM,
People always ask you, "Where's your favorite place to dive?" It can often be a tough question to answer, one thing I do know for sure, and that is that while the dive sites may change, there is nobody that I would rather be diving with than my buddies Terry, Joe, Steve, and Doug. Thanks for a good weekend guys.

Dave Torry
St. Cloud
612-799-4333
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201
05-31-2010, 07:44 PM,
Thanks Dave, I had a great time with all you guys to. Good to see you guys. Really enjoyed Terrys story about the pipe wrench......................sorry little guy ;D.
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
05-31-2010, 08:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-31-2010, 08:40 PM by mermaid.)

Sounds interesting...details pllllleeeease  ;D
05-31-2010, 08:43 PM,
Sorry Mermaid, the details will only be shared among "The Boys." When you can "hang," than perhaps you can share in the memories, but until then, you will just have to let your imagination run wild.

Dave Torry
St. Cloud
612-799-4333
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201
05-31-2010, 10:13 PM,
I'm disappointed I didn't get to go Sad  However I'm doing the drysuit class this coming weekend, so I'll be ready to do some dives to hone those skills soon Smile
06-01-2010, 09:44 PM,

Sure Dave, tell Michelle to, "let her imagination run wild", cause it might not otherwise  :-\. It was a good run, real nice weather on Sat. saw the "stairway to hell" could understand that title if it ran to 190' instead of just 90' up in Crosby, we came upon it at close to the bottom end anyway.
            Stayed overnight at the state campground at Portsmouth, (not AT ALL improved since the state took it over) with the number of unemployed tradesman who dive in MN the state cant fix one lousy underground water pipe leak, (show her where it was with a roll of (my) good electrical tape, hell, my mom could fix it) so you could at least have running water, instead of a waiting line at an outdoor john. Same as Isle Royale last Oct. (the entire month) a half dozen park rangers at Windigo, (all sucking up the federal dole) and the first thing they decide to do in closing up the park for the winter is, close the johns. Why? because they didn't want to clean them now that the concessions were gone? I dont need the damn lawn mowed, but a shower might be real user friendly, but they sure had no problem hitting me up for my fees, ( what was I paying for?) then asking me to diagnose there electrical bummer, which I did, but I diagress, dont want to hijack my own thread :-\.
            Sunday we ran the tunnel at Portsmouth, in the rain, but always enjoyed diving in the rain, Joe shot some video of it but it might of been too dark, there are remains of a few ceramic keyless fixtures in the ceiling but not any obstructions, and then cruised over the weedbed and you can just start to see the weeds getting green, where those big pike like to hang. A good time! Thanks Guys!      TRINITY
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
06-01-2010, 09:51 PM,
sorry I didn't try to connect with you guys.  was too busy being a bum and didn't feel like making the 1/2 drive over!  did get in a short dive yesterday anyway - nothing as fun as you were doing, but enjoyable anyway.  saw the cutest little northern pike - only about 6 inches long...  probably good I didn't hook up with you since I had left my drysuit undies in the apartment somewhere!!!
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!