Remember me
Lost Password Register

Snorkel classes for kids
05-27-2010, 12:15 AM,
Snorkel classes for kids
Hi, I have a 9 yr old boy and 10 yr old girl who would like to try out snorkeling. Any good places offer a good class to teach them the basics in a pool. We are going on a trip to Bahamas in October which they do not know about and would like them to get aquanted with the idea of snorkeling before we go. Any place have snorkeling classes for their age ?  Any ideas ?
05-27-2010, 05:38 AM,
Re: Snorkel classes for kids
Where do you live? Do they have Mask, Fins, Snorkel, I have a heated pool where i live in Rogers and if you wanted to bring them over, I would be glad to do that for you. I use to do them for smith diving. I will be gone from now to next tue.  Send me a e-mail
05-27-2010, 11:31 AM,
i know aquaventure does kids classes, give them a call. 763-424-8717
We take these risks, not to escape life but to prevent life from escaping us
06-08-2010, 02:02 PM,
purchase a snorkel set for your kids, if they are not exceptional swimmers, i would recommend either snorkel vests, or getting wetsuits. once in a wetsuit,you float at the surface ..it is impossible to get in much trouble. take your kids to Calhoun beach and snorkel on Friday evenings before it gets crowded. after a half dozen adventures they will get the feel for using gear.
if you can afford, buy the dry snorkels with purge valves in the mouth and valve on top. these are really nice and make it more comfortable and easy to do for beginners.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;