Remember me
Lost Password Register

The Argonauts John or Jean Francois ???????
06-26-2011, 01:28 PM,
Re: The Argonauts John or Jean Francois ???????

MCS, I dont recognise your initials, do I know you from back then?  I dove with Cliff Maki, Keith Anderson, Rich, JW and such. If I do feel free to PM and we'll get together and do some diving, hell even if I dont. Ya that single person single lockout, chamber of Aubineau's looked like a coffin to me, you SURE wouldn't of wanted any problem you couldn't handle by yoursself in an inaccessable (from the outside) small coffin to be lockin in from the outside. Yes, I agree totally that MS of Diving shop has the history and character of the older shops, because they are, lol.
                       No, no real stuff from wrecks with Aubineau, nor would I/he promote that, just junk. I was a little surprised the John (Detetectorguy)  dandy collection (of anchors, the best from the anchoring challenge), was not taken up by a local shop to display, at least for awhile until it could be sold off in whole or part, as John wanted.
                                                                                                     TRINITY
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
06-26-2011, 04:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-26-2011, 04:27 PM by MCS.)
A few of the people I remember were Bob Adams, Sue Horseman, Laura Elvig, Rick Thornburgh, Jerry Lang, Bill Stuart & Billy Newland (started Scorpio Scuba), Ken Solberg and many others. I do not remember John. W until late 1973 or early 1974.
I started the advanced class when Aubineau was teaching out of his basement in the the fall of 1972. By 1975 I had a major disagreement with Jean and walked out (I was a member of Inland Divers which was a no-no).
No secret MCS stands for Mark Steere
Just thinking about this brings back some good memory's
I am often at Little Long Lake (convienient) usually with one of my Double Hose regs, & stl 72 (no BCD).
Mark
06-26-2011, 08:09 PM,
[quote='MCS link' pid='6469' dateline='1309126794']
A few of the people I remember were Bob Adams, Sue Horseman, Laura Elvig, Rick Thornburgh, Jerry Lang, Bill Stuart & Billy Newland (started Scorpio Scuba), Ken Solberg and many others. I do not remember John. W until late 1973 or early 1974.
I started the advanced class when Aubineau was teaching out of his basement in the the fall of 1972. By 1975 I had a major disagreement with Jean and walked out (I was a member of Inland Divers which was a no-no).
No secret MCS stands for Mark Steere
Just thinking about this brings back some good memory's
I am often at Little Long Lake (convienient) usually with one of my Double Hose regs, & stl 72 (no BCD).
Mark

Laura Elvig started my scuba class and it was finished by Obe. I think Laura jilted Jw and I didn't see her around after.  This was 74 

[/quote]
Start with training, continue with adventures.
06-27-2011, 08:24 AM,

Nate buddy, curious what bs are you spewing/referring to now?

[/quote]

Seems to me we tried something like this for the ice challenge and only got 6 divers. You want to talk about sad, that post was read 17 thousand time and we could only get 6 people! Right, everyone has an excuse and an armchair opinion while the rest of us diving every weekend are the 'complainers'. Terry gets a pass on account of seniority but John and I are troublemakers. That's just super. :-\
[/quote]

Neo says relax..... ;D