Remember me
Lost Password Register

Northern Pike in Square Lake
07-05-2010, 04:57 PM,
Northern Pike in Square Lake
I just dove Square Lake and off of the west most platform was a 30" northern. I thought that it was cute that someone had put a fake fish down there to look at. As I got closer I thought, boy that is a great looking fake. It never moved, it just hung there. Then it dawned on me that it was real and I remembered the diver who grabbed one by the tail and lost a finger. I decided to move on at that point. There were no other fish anywhere on the whole dive. Maybe that was why. 65 degrees at 20 feet with 6-7 foot visibility. What Minnesota needs are some caves.
07-05-2010, 08:06 PM,
Re: Northern Pike in Square Lake
So that must have been you I was watching while I was getting ready. I watched your flag putt around and then you got out. I was at the boat launch as I didn't know that I should have gone to the campsites instead of the park, my first time diving it. It was a pretty good day and the water was pretty warm on the surface. I then ended up with Adam and 3 other divers on the surface, we chatted for a bit and then they went back down. I was at 500 so I headed out.
&quot;Gentle determination is the true strength of a man&quot;<br />My Mom<br />1946 ~ 2001<br />Cancer is not a faceless disease
07-06-2010, 10:37 AM,
That was me alright. I waited for the group from Owatonna, and finally just went. I was down for 75 minutes and saw nothing other then the fish. With the new lines and the pvc squares I thought it was part of the new display. I ran into Adam and his group when I was leaving the water. I was hanging out on shore with the rest of their group that did not dive, when we saw you split off and leave. After 3 hours in the park it was time for me to go also.

Aquaventure will be there this Wednesday. I plan to be there then also.
07-06-2010, 05:33 PM,
Wed is my daughters 2nd pool time and I get to log down time while she is doing it. Last time I put over 100 minutes down and kinda took a power nap at the bottom of the 12 ft end.
Adam and I are perhaps thinking that a multi dive / BBQ / beer get together might be in order.
any ideas, times, dates, anyone.....?
&quot;Gentle determination is the true strength of a man&quot;<br />My Mom<br />1946 ~ 2001<br />Cancer is not a faceless disease
07-07-2010, 03:34 PM,
Awesome! Chris and I are going during the afternoon, so we'll watch for it.

Theresa