Remember me
Lost Password Register

Madiera Anchor 3
06-03-2010, 11:33 AM,
Madiera Anchor 3
This is the last set of pictures.
GLSPS members include Al Fossum, Brian Anderson, Dick Giese, Cory Daniel, Tom Brushaber, Steve Daniel, Lee Radzak and Shadow.
Bob
#
06-03-2010, 05:17 PM,
Re: Madiera Anchor 3

Robert, I appreciate the effort and hard work you and those listed have made to preserve the anchor and kleet posts. I remembrer the Madiera was my 7th and first "wreck" dive, almost 30 years ago in a wetsuit, BRRRRR! it was 45 min until I could hold a pepsi in my hands in untucked wetsuit gloves, upon surfacing. I always enjoyed stopping at the shop that displayed those items along Hwy 61 and looking at the anchor and reading/explaining the story of the Madiera to my non-diving friends. Do you know if there are any plans to replicate the story and original pics and potentially add a few present day underwater pics of the wreck, (I have some (blown up) I would be happy to donate)  THANKS again, Bob!      Terry
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
06-03-2010, 05:34 PM,
Terry
We have a grant application into the state for the signage.
I will pass on your offer and let you know.
The anchor has already attracted a lot of attention from the visitors to the Lighthouse.
The park personal are real happy with the way it turned out.
Bob 
06-03-2010, 06:22 PM,
Nice pictures Bob, It was a pleasure to help out on this project. 
Captain Brian<br />www.mn-blackdogdiving.com