Remember me
Lost Password Register

Snorkeling Day, Square Lake
06-17-2010, 01:32 PM,
Snorkeling Day, Square Lake
Hi everyone:

Attention Snorkels...Come join us for a fun event happening soon:
--------------------------------------------------------------
I'm in the process of organizing a Snorkeling Day at Square lake with others from meetup.com in the next few weeks.  So far, we have 12 people signed up for a weekend, daytime, event.

Currently, I have two (2) big innertubes that have 30ft of rope attached with a weight on the end, plus a diving flag in the center.
This should work great for a rest stop when people get tired and need a short break besides being great for sailing us out to the area of interest on the lake.

I'm also hoping to get some scuba divers to come along to spark some interest in the diving hobby. HEADS UP scuba divers, we need you...

If you need snorkeling equipment it's not very expensive:
Check out stores like Fleet Farm in the swimming pool section for;
1) Mask.
2) Snorkel.
3) Fins.
Or, scuba diving stores.

Afterwards, we plan to have hotdogs, brots, hamburgers and chips on shore.

I will post the date as soon as the water warms up just alittle bit more.

So, come join us for fun, snorkeling and great conversation Smile

Theresa & Dan
06-17-2010, 09:44 PM,
Re: Snorkeling Day, Square Lake
This sounds like a major fun time.  Have you set any dates yet?
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
06-18-2010, 12:49 PM,
Snorkeling Day, Square Lake Saturday June 26th, 1-5PM
Saturday, June 26th, 2010. 1-5PM.

Come join us for a fun day in the water and sunshine:
---------------------------------------------------
EVENT: Snorkeling Day at Square lake.

WHEN: Saturday June 26th (Alternate if rain or bad conditions, Saturday July 10th).

TIME: 1PM to 5PM.

LOCATION: Golden Acres RV & Picnic Area (15150 Square Lake Trail North, Stillwater, MN 55082). 651-430-1374.

DIRECTIONS: Directions to Square Lake / Golden Acres:
Go east on Hwy 36
From the Twin Cities, take I694 east to Hwy 36 East. Go east on Hwy 36 for about 5 miles until the intersection with Hwy 15 (also marked as Manning Rd) — take a left on Hwy 15 and go north until you come to the intersection with Hwy 7.  Go right on Hwy 7 and follow it for approximately 3 miles.  Golden Acres Campground will be on the left side of the road (look for the chain link fence). Golden Acres charges $5.00 for a daily parking pass.

So far, we have 12 people from Meetup.com signed up for the weekend event.

Currently, I have two (2) big innertubes that have 30ft of rope attached with a weight on the end, plus a diving flag in the center. This should work great for a rest stop when people get tired and need a short break besides being great for sailing us out to the area of interest on the lake.

I'm also hoping to get some scuba divers to come along to spark some interest in the diving hobby. HEADS UP scuba divers, we need you...

If you need snorkeling equipment it's not very expensive:
Check out stores like Fleet Farm in the swimming pool section for;
1) Mask.
2) Snorkel.
3) Fins.
Or, scuba diving stores.

Afterwards, we plan to have hotdogs, brots, hamburgers and chips on shore. Bring Chips, Pop, and Snacks if you like.

So, come join us for fun, snorkeling, and great conversation.

Theresa & Dan
651-343-8706
06-18-2010, 07:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-19-2010, 08:28 PM by mermaid.)

Heard that they're hoping to get some scuba divers out there to get more people interested
in the sport. 
06-19-2010, 07:26 AM,
not to spoil the movement, may i make one suggestion. the camp grounds charges per person that enters, if you come with several people it begins to add up quick. the park entrance charges per vehicle, which would be almost half the price with only 2 people. Little long lake in the city of mound has Free shore access/no charge for parking and water clarity is the same as square lake. also rumor has it there is a plane out there. very small lake with 10hp motor limit. you snorkel along the outside edge of the weedline and it is full of sunfish/crappie/bass and occasional pike. also has trout just like square lake has. DNR rates this lake as clearer than square lake, but I think it is about the same. locally this lake is more of a swimming lake for the local kids than a diving lake, but still fun.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
06-19-2010, 07:29 AM,
also if you plan on switching to little long lake, i could probably come up with around 6-8 ,more heads from the area.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
06-19-2010, 08:00 AM,
many dives in little long lake and have not seen any planes. If you go to the north end of the lake there is lots and lots of fish in the lily pads.
The lake is in the city of minnetrista and has about 15 parking places for free.
06-19-2010, 07:58 PM,
Sorry, but already posted the event over on Meetup.com for square lake.  Maybe another time if this one goes well.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Dan
06-23-2010, 10:02 PM,
Re: Snorkeling Day, Square Lake - Cancelled
Snorkeling Day (meetup.com) at Square Lake for June 26th 1pm, has been Cancelled.