Remember me
Lost Password Register

LMA Not allowing boats to Launch if at Prior Lake clean up!
06-11-2010, 02:56 PM,
Re: LMA Not allowing boats to Launch if at Prior Lake clean up!
When you go looking for the zebra they like steel more then wood from what I've seen in Superior. The Wilson is covered except for the wood tops, they have very few. So the trailer of the twin engine would be my search site but that may be a bit deep for them.

Steel dock legs may be the next best target.

Next year they will pump the lake, filter out all the mil foil and ugly fish, run the rest through a Brita[TM] and make it a private lake.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
06-11-2010, 09:26 PM,

LMAO!!! Lovin your humor dude
07-29-2010, 05:43 AM,
Uh huh

07-29-2010, 06:07 AM,
i wonder how long the wrecks will be safe.

at least there wont be highly trained experts insisting on checking your dive gear.
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
07-29-2010, 06:17 AM,
Gargantuan sized zebras will be checking our gear instead... Tongue
07-29-2010, 06:59 AM,
The Lake Association said There are no Zebra mussels in Lake Minnetonka - and yet the Star & Tribune paper says, "Zebra mussels in Lake Minnetonka
Zebra mussels have invaded the state's 10th-largest lake and threaten to radically change its character within a few years", and they even had pictures! Either the folks at the lake association or the paper are wrong, as they both cannot be right when faced with two opposing views concerning a single fact.

Truth is, it's sad that there are so many invasive species of plants and animals trashing our native species, lakes and lands.
I'm a Mog, Half man half dog - I'm my own best friend.<br />Alcohol doesn't make you fat... it makes you Lean... on tables, chairs &amp; random people.
07-29-2010, 11:19 AM,

I don't know how true it is, but have been told that the Zebra Mussels prefer metal and not wood to cling onto.  Again, I don't know if it is true or not, so anyone with knowledge about this, post the info.