Remember me
Lost Password Register

LMA Not allowing boats to Launch if at Prior Lake clean up!
06-06-2010, 07:46 PM,
Re: LMA Not allowing boats to Launch if at Prior Lake clean up!
Got another email today, and this is what they are saying the reason is for this "aggressive effort":

I still think that this is bull.  Why just this year for this?  Is this something that will happen every year this event happens.  If so, I will only be attending the Prior Lake clean up!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert:

Our special event permit requires this action - that's the short answer.  The Lake Minnetonka Association in reality agrees with this step as we have advocated aggressive efforts to protect Lake Minnetonka and we believe we need to 'walk the walk.'  So for our part in this event, yes, we feel it is important to go the extra mile.  We understand this may be inconvenient and we hope you and others appreciate all efforts to protect Lake Minnetonka.  You are correct to note that we cannot inspect every boat, but we can do our part in a high profile event such as this one.

By now the Prior Lake event is over, so if you participated and did not use your boat, this should be a moot issue.  If not, we would welcome your participation and we will have boats available to shuttle the divers.

Thanks for your understanding.

Dick Osgood, CLM

Messages In This Thread
Re: LMA Not allowing boats to Launch if at Prior Lake clean up! - by scubafreek864 - 06-06-2010, 07:46 PM