Remember me
Lost Password Register

Underwater Preservation - Tools and Techniques Class 2010
06-19-2010, 07:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-19-2010, 07:58 PM by DetectorGuy.)
Re: Underwater Preservation - Tools and Techniques Class 2010

Mr. Kerber,
It sounds like a good class, and too bad it was postponed. I am not a member of the GLSPS and maybe someday I will sign on, as I admire all the good things the GLSPS does. I realize it takes a certain amount of time and money to put something like this class on. Was the Certified Commercial Diver / Instructor the only thing that the "tuition" would be spent on? I don't exactly know what the cost of this class is, but the 2009 class was $170 per head. If you needed 6 for this class to pay the instructor for 10 hours of his time... He would make $1020... in 10 hours... That's what I call a treasure dive! I wish I could make over a hundred bucks an hour someday. I know you have other staff on hand for this class but as members of the GLSPS I would assume they are volunteering their time. Times are tough for a lot of folks and some people are probably living from check to check. Might be the economy driving some of the poor attendance.
John

Messages In This Thread
Re: Underwater Preservation - Tools and Techniques Class 2010 - by DetectorGuy - 06-19-2010, 07:53 PM