Remember me
Lost Password Register

Wondering
03-12-2003, 09:26 PM,
Wondering
I was at Wazee one weekend last Summer and saw a group of rebreather divers going through training. Someone mentioned that they were using a very expensive type of rebreather and that only one guy in a tri-state area was qualified to conduct the training on these particular units. Any idea what type of rebreathers those were? Yeah, I know, not much to go on here...
--Jason
03-12-2003, 09:47 PM,
Re:Wondering
It could have been a group of Inspiration divers. The owner of Going Under Dive Center in Maple Grove,MN is an Inspiration instructor. He is the only one in the area certified to teach CCR. I did my training there last summer.
03-14-2003, 03:38 AM,
Easy to tell, what colour were they?
Diver Mole
visit
03-14-2003, 11:12 AM,

Yeah, easy to tell but hard to remember Wink. I think Lonnie or Dan were with me that day. Do either of you guys remember? I don't remember seeing a yellow case. I thought the instructor looked like a middle-aged guy, 5-10, white hair.
--Jason
03-14-2003, 11:51 AM,
When Chris and I were out there last summer we saw a couple guys with Draeger's I believe.
03-14-2003, 03:52 PM,
I do know that GUDC did an Inspiration class last summer at Wazee. A couple of their instructors also dive Draegers (as do I), which are easy to recognize with the white or black plastic shell. The draegers hardly fall into the "really expensive" category however.

I would guess it was the Inspiration.
03-14-2003, 04:37 PM,
I have seen one or two Dragers up there, but mostly it's people with Inspirations. Like these two:

Jon

Attached Files
.jpg_thumb   inspiration3.jpg_thumb (Size: 21.67 KB / Downloads: 0)
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin