Remember me
Lost Password Register

River Diving Claw
06-22-2010, 07:08 AM,
River Diving Claw
I ran into this website about diving in rivers and they had this home made claw thing that looked pretty cool. It said you can use it to "crawl" upstream or use it as a pendulum anchor point for swinging side to side down stream. It might be kinda clunky, but I can see where it might come in handy.

Attached Files
.gif   dimension.gif (Size: 242.48 KB / Downloads: 132)
.gif   dimension.gif (Size: 242.48 KB / Downloads: 132)
06-22-2010, 10:03 AM,
Re: River Diving Claw
I've heard that the Meg-tooth hunting guys in the Cooper River just use a couple BAS's
-- Big Ass Screwdrivers  - one in each hand to help them crawl upstream.  this rig looks a bit more sophisticated, but pretty much the same principal.  I haven't done any river diving, but it seems like it could be useful in some situations!  Wink
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
06-23-2010, 11:25 AM,
would that work any better than an anchor?
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
06-23-2010, 12:03 PM,
An anchor would work well enough for swinging on a pendulum but to use it to manuver upstream I think this would walk you right up river.
06-23-2010, 07:10 PM,
If you look at the crab you will see it has a small handle on the stiff leg. when you wear a scooter harness you can clip on to it and you do not have to hang on. You can also tie your dive flag off to it. its best to put a five  weight on each of the legs to hold it down.
With a short strap on it you can swing back and forth. this was made by Larry Harris of the Michigan Mafia.
06-23-2010, 07:38 PM,

Do any of the people you work with use these? If they don't use them any more did they use them in the past? I like the idea that you have the security of being able to pull your self out of a strainer if you need to.
06-24-2010, 08:19 PM,
I think that we will have to do some river diving.
09-21-2010, 06:23 AM,
looks interesting, but i don't understand how it works
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
09-21-2010, 07:13 PM,

you use it like a climbing aid...like a grappling hook to pull yourself along the bottom, if you are fighting the current.
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun