Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dry suit pockets
03-14-2003, 01:55 PM,
Dry suit pockets

My Andys drysuit should be coming in over the next couple weeks. I ordered a couple of the bellows pockets from FifthD. I'm wondering how I should position the pockets on the suit. I have heard that if you stand straight up and extend your arms along your sides that the bottom of your finger tips should be about level with the bottom of the pockets. Should the pockets be mounted exactly on the sides of the upper thigh? Should I don the suit, put some tape on the back of the pockets, and then position the pockets to see what works best?
--Jason
03-14-2003, 02:47 PM,
Re:Dry suit pockets
I think the tape idea sounds like an excellent idea. Make sure you try it with your regular diving gloves on. I've found that if my fingertips rest just above the bottom of the pocket, that is usually sufficient. Exactly centered on the outside of the thigh is appropriate. Chalk works well for marking where you want the pockets to be.
"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being." - Johann W. von Goethe
03-14-2003, 03:20 PM,
I agree with Beeger.

BTW: I have the same pockets on my CLX-450 and love them. You can carry a LOT of stuff inside of them.

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin
03-14-2003, 03:51 PM,
Jason, Why not spend a few $$ and have Mark in Brainerd install them? He is probably the best in the country and in your backyard. Paul
03-14-2003, 04:03 PM,
Paul, I'm definitely not opposed to having someone else do it. My only issue is that after I receive the suit I don't want to sent it away and wait again. Wink This seems like a fairly easy procedure.
--Jason