Remember me
Lost Password Register

Minnesota's Submerged Cultural Resources Preservation Plan
06-20-2010, 09:33 AM,
Minnesota's Submerged Cultural Resources Preservation Plan
My recent quest to find out more about shipwrecks (both big and tiny) had me digging through the internet for answers. I ran into this site and it is a great read! It may be a bit too long to read it all at one sitting so I printed it out and stuck it in the reference section of my dive books.

06-20-2010, 10:47 AM,
Re: Minnesota's Submerged Cultural Resources Preservation Plan
Very long, but very good Detector, THANKS for posting!
06-20-2010, 11:36 AM,
Here is some thing to look at too.Maritime Heritage Minnesota
Its founded by Ann Merriman,PHD and Christopher Olson, MA. They have done some things on Big Island and in the water arround it.
06-20-2010, 08:03 PM,
Is Ann any relation to Ken?
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
06-20-2010, 08:56 PM,
Lisa
No the spelling is different
Ken is Merrymen
Bob
06-21-2010, 12:38 PM,

Your right John its a good site, but a long read, seemingly in spots to say, damn little. For example on Minnetonka, they state the tug north of Big Island, is possibly the "Hercules" when the name "Hercules" is still today, clearly visible, on the starboard bow, or the sternwheeler, "Excelsior" they state with "no preliminary identification" wonder how many 125' long sternwheelers with an 30' tall bow mounted flag staff (still upright and intact) they think, EVER plied the waters of Lake Minnetonka?
                    I just happened across it (while arriving early icing this last winter) swinging into McDonalds for breakfast, ( in Excelsior) they have a pretty good selection of the wrecks we dive on blown up posted on their walls some with considerable detail (in the pics), perhaps these folks could learn something more then how to spew a bunch of legal bs, by grabbing a mcmuffin, taking a look at the pics then joining me on the Impulse, out to dive the very wreck they just saw. If any are interested I'll be happy to bring them with.          Terry
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)