Remember me
Lost Password Register

Big Fish Lake, Stearns County
06-29-2010, 10:17 PM,
Big Fish Lake, Stearns County
On my quest to find more local lakes to dive in without having to drive way the heck up north to the mines, I did a dive on Big Fish Lake in Stearns County today.

Dove the north end off the boat ramp.  Thought the vis would be great but once past the shallow areas, the vis went to about 4 feet with a lot of weeds. 

At 17 feet, vis went down to about 2 feet and it got dark once I got past the weeds and into the thermo.

All in all, an ok lake to fish and boat on but diving, it was not that great.  I will try it again in the spring to see how the vis is then.

Back on the hunt to find the next lake to dive.

DK
Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements.
06-30-2010, 05:32 AM,
Re: Big Fish Lake, Stearns County
The south side of big fish is better if you can get there. There are also 4 sunken boats on the east side near the bay by the road. there in about 25 to 30ft of water.
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
06-30-2010, 11:26 AM,
How much better?
Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements.
06-30-2010, 06:29 PM,
A lot better I thought but thing may have changed. I dove the access twice and I agree with your assesment. The boats are cool but its a little funky over there also. Its a way better ice dive.
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.