Remember me
Lost Password Register

Service Tools
07-19-2010, 06:59 PM,
Service Tools
Yeah, yeah, I know its taboo...

But, I just did my first minor service operation.  I switched my XTX50 to left hand for use on my pony.  Why, because I think it will work better that way.  Aside from a tiny scratch getting the cover off, that was a total piece of cake.

So, does anyone know where I can get the tool for making it easier to take the XTX covers on and off easier?  PM if you prefer.  I don't want anyone to get in trouble.
07-19-2010, 08:27 PM,
Re: Service Tools

Al
07-19-2010, 08:48 PM,
Their tool says TX and ATX.  Does that work on the XTX too?
07-20-2010, 08:14 AM,

I would contact ScubaTools for an answer to that.

Al
07-20-2010, 10:36 AM,
Matt, with the pony hung on the left, reg goes over your neck and into your mouth from the right just like any other reg. Reg recover is the same as any other. Clip the primary to the D ring and pop the pony reg in. If you use and canister light it's best practice to stow that before changing regs. After a the switch deploy the light again.

Over the neck routing makes a clean snag free route for the hose.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
07-20-2010, 11:22 AM,
Because I went with a 19, I decided to put a shorter hose on it so it won't loop around the bottom of the cylinder. So, if I need it, I would just grab the reg (which is stowed) pull it out and stick it in my mouth. It seems that having it left handed would work better.

If it were a stage I would think the other way would be fine. But, I want quick deployment. Grab. Pull. Use.