Remember me
Lost Password Register

Accident at Wazee
07-10-2010, 08:46 PM,
Accident at Wazee
Anyone know what happened at Wazee today?  I got a late start this morning, and when I was on the road between the interstate and the park, I met an ambulance coming from the park. At the registration building, I heard that the ambulance I saw was the second of two.  I heard later in the day that someone’s husband had been administering CPR to someone next to the mine pit over by the campground.  As I was leaving the park, I inquired at the registration building, and was told that she new little information, but heard three people were in the hospital in critical condition.  This is all 2nd, 3rd, or 4th-hand information, but it clearly sounds bad.  Does anyone know what actually happened out at Wazee today?  - Kirk   
07-10-2010, 10:04 PM,
Re: Accident at Wazee
I know some but I don't have full info and don't want to list names out of respect right now. very Tragic, very sad.
I got there right after they were taken to the hospital. My heart goes out to all involved and there families!

07-10-2010, 10:31 PM,
Please out of respect of the divers and their families let this go and close this thread, so as to not start rumors.

Thanks,

Timm
The Strokes say &quot;Dual is OK&quot;.<br />The Koolaiders say &quot;Only use Halcyon wings and 104's&quot;.<br />The Cyber guys quote a formula.<br />......... and the rest of us just go diving
07-11-2010, 07:32 AM,
Oh no... first, my condolences to the families involved.  I think it is important to stick to the facts and not spread rumors.  According to the media the 3 divers involved in the accident were all from the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.  That's really bad news because chances are very high that some of us know these divers personally.  Here's another report:

It's not that uncommon to hear about a diver having an accident at Wazee.  But 3 divers with two dying? I've never heard of that happening.  We definitely need to share the relevant facts and learn from this terrible accident.
--Jason
07-11-2010, 08:10 AM,
Wow, true about all the rumors and BS that comes, but this is weird, age? diving deep?  I agree it would be nice to know how and what happened so we can learn from this.
07-11-2010, 08:27 AM,
I fully disagree with you regarding this is the time and place to discuss diving fatalities and accidents...its only a means for rumors and gossip.  Yes I know what exactly happened and to whom, however this is not the time or the place to discuss it.  If you want to read about diver accidents and learn from them go to places like DAN and read the analyzed reports..not some cyber diver's opinion.  No offense but forumns like these are full of cyber divers who think they know everything, a lot of them spend more time typing then diving.  Again these forumns are not the place to discuss diver fatalities or accidents....maybe and strong maybe at that....only if the person or family it happens to posts it.  The rest are just an avenue for gossip and rumors.

The Strokes say &quot;Dual is OK&quot;.<br />The Koolaiders say &quot;Only use Halcyon wings and 104's&quot;.<br />The Cyber guys quote a formula.<br />......... and the rest of us just go diving
07-11-2010, 08:37 AM,
Here is a lesson, never believe what the news media has to say...I have been around 2 different diving fatalities and the media always screws it up and posts only partial stories and does not have all the facts.  In fact my picture was posted in the paper and on the internet regarding a fatality in Florida.  Lucky my wife doesn't know how to use the computer and doesn't watch the news, else I could have been thought of as dead before I had a chance to call her and let her know.  Like I said don't believe everything the media pushes out....its the biggest rumor mill of them all.  The next are forumn like these....MNScuba, WiScuba, ScubaBoard, The Deco Stop, Rebreather World, etc.  They have their place but diving accidents and fatalities are not one of them, again unless posted by the individual or their families....the rest is posted out of disrespect.

As of right now the families are not requesting this info to be posted.

07-11-2010, 08:42 AM,
Its a tragic event and one that no one wants to see happen.  Thats why it is important to try to learn from it so that their loss might bring a sliver of good by preventing it from happening again to someone else.

So, instead of complaining about how the media got it wrong, how about you set the record straight with just the facts.
07-11-2010, 09:04 AM,
If the family or the individual makes the post I have no issues with the discussion, any other posts regarding a dive accident and/or fatality is disrespectful.  So until the family posts this information, let it go or choose to be disrespectful.  If you want to read and learn about diver accidents and fatalities go visit DAN, as I am pretty sure there is more information there that you can learn from than some cyber diver's opinion.

Regarging your comment about setting the record straight...that would be feeding this rumor and gossip mill.  I won't make any further comments regarding this situation until the family posts it....it is their choice and none of your business until they make it that way. 

Again, at least at this time, let it go!!

07-11-2010, 09:51 AM,
Tim,
"Let it go..."?  You have the most posts on this topic, have added to the interest by claiming to know all the details, and have proclaimed that your assessment of disrespect is the only valid definition, inviting even more commentary.
Let it go....
Dan L