Remember me
Lost Password Register

what to do when your camera housing fogs up?
07-16-2010, 07:24 AM,
this was a first for me. i suspect it had something to do with the hot and humid weather we had, but perhaps i got a drop of water in my housing or something.
it was sad, as it ruined my entire footage. had some good sunfish interactions which i would have liked to save.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
07-16-2010, 08:04 AM,
Re: what to do when your camera housing fogs up?
if your housing has enough room, slip a dessicant packet into it.  doesn't always prevent it, but it helps.

my Oly housing has enough room that I usually stick two in there and I rarely have fogging issues.  I also think it helps to keep the camera covered and out of the sun before and between dives - and if you have a damp to wet towel to cover it with that is a good thing in lieu of a camera bucket!

if you get a fogging issue - my advice would be on that dive to just put the camera away and just enjoy the dive!  I did that on a dive in Coz when I realized I hadn't changed batteries during the interval and only got a couple shots and then it died.  I just tucked it under my arm and had a great dive actually watching the fish instead of trying to catch them in a cool pose or background.

Jon
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
07-16-2010, 08:13 AM,
Re: what to do when your camera housing fogs up?
Do you have a cooler or a bucket of cool water?  It doesn't need to freeze, but the camera and housing need to be adjusted to water temp if it's hot outside.  Same thing when you come out- stick camera from lake into empty cooler and allow it to warm up.  Otherwise you'll end up with condensation IN the camera and that's no good.
The only thing I take seriously when it comes to diving is safety.