Remember me
Lost Password Register

The City of Crosby wants your help to better attract divers
07-25-2010, 05:54 PM,
Re: The City of Crosby wants your help to better attract divers
I did my part Sat. after diving by stopping at the Ya Betcha Bar and Grill just down from the Tesoro station. One of the best burgers I've had in a while, real meat, wow. ;D
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
07-25-2010, 10:32 PM,
I think what may sum alot of things up, without getting greedy >Big Grin would be to say the following.....
MN divers have a great appreciation for what a gift the Crosby pits are.
-Plumbing can be an issue
-Flooded roads can be an issue
-Land based navigation can be an issue
-Local crime/drunkards/ smash and grabs can be an issue
- Camping/lodging
-Diver related medical attention

It is a great place to dive.  When any student is taking an Open Water class at Square Lake, the first thing they hear is: "don't base your opinions on this, wait until you see Crosby".  I love it up there!  I used to love the the camping aspect, pick a spot, where ever you want and set up a tent...  Then a 1985  El Camino almost drove over said tent with said diver in said tent and perspectives changed.  Divers are a thrifty bunch, but most would probably pay a small fee to have better management of the area. 
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
07-27-2010, 05:25 PM,
We stopped at the "Ya Betcha" bar in Crosy, they fill your plate!
08-15-2010, 09:14 PM,
Lets see, the old "Scuba Truck" has about 268,000 miles on it, the 4x4 still works, sides are a little scratched from the trees and brush, but still not ready to "take the plunge" as the next "artificial reef." But if I do decide to ditch the beast someday, I will make a little game of it and give out clues. Sorry Doug, you will have to wait your turn. I will have to make it a shallow ditch since Trinity has a problem "going deep."
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201
08-29-2010, 12:42 AM,
Increase the police presents around the lake esp. in the early morning hours.  I was up at the Lousie Pitt last weekend and I had two coolers stolden last week.  Plus, someone else at the camp site has their cooler stolden too.  Someone came into the camp while we were sleeping. 
08-29-2010, 12:10 PM,

You have to go there. She should be on Triple D, if you know what I mean. They don't take your order until you've had the "schpele". And if you order fries you need "Jo Jo 101". Can't miss it. It's the building with flames on it. And yes, technically it's at the Crosby/Ironton border.
08-29-2010, 08:38 PM,
WOW,
I dove Shangrila on Sat.  Came in by boat because of the usual camping/assess problems.  There was no one there, a sign that says no camping and the DNR drove through while we were there.  Very nice change.
FYI,  there is a "hillbilly" family that frequently camp/take over the pits-often Mangan.  The man brags that he lives in his van all summer and will always exercise his right to camp where ever he wants in the pits.
Hope the monitoring improves/continues