Remember me
Lost Password Register

Awsome shore dive spot McQuade Small Craft Harbor Lake Superior
07-24-2010, 08:21 AM,
Awsome shore dive spot McQuade Small Craft Harbor Lake Superior
Just stumbled upon this spot while road tripping. water was 60deg. just warm enough to do in shorts, but better with wetsuit. free parking at the parking lot, and get this....It has a concreate path out to the lake that runs under ground! you could in theory wheel scuba tanks out. it has concreate platform  on the lake side. a large bolder splash wall goes out. depth is roughly 15-20ft vis is roughly 40ft! we swam with small rainbows that were in the rocks. I watched i kid pull in about 20 small trout from the inside of the break wall.(we swam the outside)...
highly recommend this spot, it is roughly 3 1/2 hours from the cities. just close enough to do in a day! I will post pictures eventually, just don't have time now.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
07-24-2010, 07:37 PM,
Re: Awsome shore dive spot McQuade Small Craft Harbor Lake Superior
I drive by this place 5 -6 times a summer on my way up to the cabin, never though about diving there.

Thanks for the info.
07-25-2010, 06:36 PM,
Could you give a better description of where this is located?  What road, near what city, etc...

Thanks!
07-25-2010, 09:03 PM,
It's between Duluth and Two Harbors on old Hwy 6, about 4-6 miles from Brighton Beach from Duluth. The old Lakeview Castle is next door to it, it's a very nicely done facility.
07-29-2010, 06:57 PM,
I was actually looking for lester park shore dive access when i stubled into this. lester park bridge is underconstruction, you can still access this spot, but i figured id drive farther away from construction to see what else is there. its maybee 5 miles or so north of lester falls so just north of Duluth. its north shore Dr, also known as hwy(?)61. there are road side parking lots that overlook the lake every couple of miles, the mcquade small craft harbor is the best stop, as it is paved with smooth concreate walk way that goes underground and comes out at the lake. the smooth concreate path continues out along the break  wall all the way to the end. This would be probably the most diver friendly shore spot i have seen yet. I'm sure you could wheel heavy scuba gear out on this path.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;