Remember me
Lost Password Register

Spring or Rubber Straps?
07-28-2010, 08:20 AM,
Re: Spring or Rubber Straps?

I started with the Apollo split fins......... I was told when I purchased them that they were the fastest fins on the market  :-[  Sad  >Sad . I don't use them anymore. I do have a brand-new set of stainless steel spring straps for them still in the package that I would let go for $40
08-04-2010, 09:09 PM,
Shooter, what fins do you use now?  I love my Apollo split fins with spring straps, however I use them for easy, shallow dives with where you need some maneuverability and snorkeling.  I also have the liquid blue atomic splits with spring straps.  Those are great for the "big" dives, Superior etc..    I would never go back to rubber straps.
08-05-2010, 12:35 PM,

my everyday fins are Cressi Rondine. They are a stiffer fin that allow you to have excellent maneuverability.  As I stated before, I started with the split fins and they didn't have enough thrust. I was on a deep dive into some current, and couldn't keep up with the rest of the crew. I couldn't even swim against the current to make it back to the boat! I recently forgot my fins on a dive and had to use my appollo's. It really felt like I didn't have any fins on at all in comparison. Very awkward. When I go spearfishing I wear a full foot long blade fin, Omer millennium. (I would race anyone for titles in those baby's!  Wink )they are also great for chasing fish. My next pair will be the cressi gara 3000. Also a long blade free diving full foot Fin with much softer for pockets.

I will let the ss straps go for $30